Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been drag racing lately, more often than most, and I have an RPS stage 2 clutch kit with a street disk and CYn-R-G flywheel.

Anyways, I ran my best time last week, 11.3 at 125, but the oddest thing happened.

It feels like my clutch is grabbing a lot higher than normal. I've adjusted the pedal since when I first had the clutch installed, to grab a tiny bit at the bottom of the clutch travel.

But last week, all of a sudden, the engagement has changed. It still grabs at the same location, but it won't grab as hard. The clutch only really grabs if I let go of the clutch more and more.

I'm not too sure what happened, it could be that my clutch is going, but it doesnt, slip.

To sum up. When realeasing the pedal in the past, the car would start moving at the bottom of the clutch travel.

NOW, where it would grab hard, it grabs a tinyyyy bit, and if I release more pressure from the pedal, then it will eventually grab, not never as hard.

Get what I mean?

BTW, search function isn't working :-/

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
whoa. I just clicked looking through the pages, and I am having the same problem as this guy!

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366426

There is some excessive vibration on my pedal when I slightly press it, and it is spongy.

I did bleed my clutch fluid a well. MY master and slave's I cleaned myself around them, and I pumped them over 200 times, and no oil came out of anywhere.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more thing. Since I have a lightened flywheel, whenever I let go of the clutch, there would always, always be this loud noise when the clutch/flywheel were trying to engage or something.

Now, it's not there. I'll check my CMC and slave again, and if they aren't the problem, that tranny is coming out.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another update!!!!

I rebled the clutch, using the half empty bottle with a vinyl hose. The clutch doesnt not slip, but when I shift from 2nd to 3rd, the pedal takes longer than usual to travel back up.

I will be installing a new CMC and CSC soon.

·
I don't drive a Supra
163 Posts
Your problem doesnt sound identical to his, but could be related. You problems seem like opposites.

On Troux's car, he replaced the Clutch Master Cylinder with an OEM unit and I helped him bleed the line 20 or so times. The clutch STILL doesnt feel quite right to me, but I don't drive the car very often. At least it is better than is was a few days ago.

The clutch doesnt fully disengauge until you push it ALL THE WAY DOWN. That last millimeter is needed. If there was so much as a piece of carpet there, you wouldn't be able to push the clutch down far enough to disengauge it.

The same sort of thing applies when you release the clutch from the floor. You BARELY let off the clutch pedal ( I swear it's only a millimeter or so) and you can hear the lightened flywheel/transmission rattle as it starts to spin. I'd think the pedal would travel an inch or so before it started to engage.

Troux already tried adjusting the pedal under the dash.

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
^Nope, not for me at least. I have the same clutch, RPS stage 2, with a Fidanza flywheel. The clutch has about 5K miles on it, and have never launched the car or driven it really hard. I don't think the CMC was the problem. I replaced it 2 days ago and my problem has returned. The CSC is as new as the clutch (5K miles) I looked inside the clutch housing and the clutch fork looks fine.
Since I have adjusted the CMC piston bolt to as far out as it will go, it helped for 2 days, and the problem came back today.Try checking your entire clutch line to look for leaks anywhere. I'm going to do the same and probably try to eplace my lines.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Troux said:
^Nope, not for me at least. I have the same clutch, RPS stage 2, with a Fidanza flywheel. The clutch has about 5K miles on it, and have never launched the car or driven it really hard. I don't think the CMC was the problem. I replaced it 2 days ago and my problem has returned. The CSC is as new as the clutch (5K miles) I looked inside the clutch housing and the clutch fork looks fine.
Since I have adjusted the CMC piston bolt to as far out as it will go, it helped for 2 days, and the problem came back today.Try checking your entire clutch line to look for leaks anywhere. I'm going to do the same and probably try to eplace my lines.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359984

Did you check that Troux? It happened to me, and it was very hard to get into gear, even adjusting the rod. Once I fixed it, I had to adjust the rod back to normal.

Take a look at it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts