Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supraforums Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my bro just put in an order with you guys for a built tranny and a tc. Before he called today we were discussing stall speeds and I figured a 3400 would be best because it's still on the tighter side of the spectrum and we would lose less mph in the 1/4 mile.

Now after doing even more extensive searching that previously, I dug up a thread from a year or so ago describing the various stall speeds at that a 3.6-3.8k is ideal for a supra in TTC. I failed to mention our car is indeed true twin with all of the actuators removed and MTR's secret sauce on top.

My main question is will we be able to cut sub 1.9sec 60ft times? Does 3400 sound right for our setup?

I realize that with PI we do get one "free" restall, but I was hoping that wouldn't be needed until we go with a 67 further down the line. Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I would think that should be ideal for the DBB 67 since it does give you about a 200rpm jump on initial boost :bigthumb: Most will argue that the 3600 stall is the sweet spot. I dont really agree with that. I actually have a 3200 -3400 and love it.

And to answer your guestion. Yes you should be able to cut a sub 1.9 60ft with sticky tires and a well stalled launch with the twins on a cool day.

What is your full mod list. I am assuming TC/BL Tranny/Spring mod/ FMIC/ cam gear etc you know the BPU ++ stuff

·
Supraforums Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mod list.... this might take a bit for me to think but here goes:

Full 3.75in exhaust (dp and Apexi Gt Spec)
cone intake system
VPC
SAFCII
BCC
BC
Adjustable Wastegate spring
Greddy 3-row
all butterflies removed from sequential system
and soon to be BL tranny with 3400PI stall

Only thing I think I'm missing from the myriad of +++++++s is the cam gear setup. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews about it over the years and didn't think it would be worth it in the end. I'm also looking for a HKS SSQV as I think my stock BOV is starting to shit the bed by leaking boost around 1.4bar.

I like the idea of the 3400 because as I said before it's on the tighter end of the spectrum. I did some even further searching and found that an 11.4x at 123 was made with this stall and that makes me happy. The car will be seeing a lot of highway so I'm not big on the idea of losing top end performance especially with the auto's beloved o/d.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts