Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... I need some help from the guys that have been there and done that... I am looking to get a pair of Sparco racing seats for my Supra... I like the Fighter style and the Roadster style... Any takes as to what the best fitting and most comfortabile seat is? Also does anyone know were a good dealer is or were is a good place to buy these from? I assume I need a base plate and a track? Any information, comments, and/or pics of your cars would be great. Also what do you guys think about the different harness choices? Thanks guys.

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
573 Posts
sparco milano are the best, a bit pricey but man are they comfortable. Do not use the sparco rails, use the Bride ones instead, they are way better. I checked around a few places and the best price that i got was from [email protected] One of the best purchases i have made for my car yet

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I just talked to Richard over at MVP and he said the same thing... The Sparco Base Plates are crap...

·
Its Almost Easy
352 Posts
Black leather sparco milano 2's red with red stiching
&
Black simpson 5 point race harness.

...would look nice,

(dont know if your on a budget here. but if your not, this is what i suggest)

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the Corbeau as good as Sparco? I always thought that Corbeau seats were on the lower end of the seat food chain... Maybe I am wrong though... Anway what base plate did you guys go with?

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not really on a budget too much but I don't think I want to spen 1700 bucks on one seat... I can get 2 fighter seat with all the hardware and 2 harnesses for around 2200 bucks

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was my 3rd choice also.... There are so many different styles to choose from... I am just trying to get one the looks and feels good.

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you guys think about MOMO??? The steering wheel I want is made by them.... Do you guys think it would be wierd to get sparco seats with a MOMO steering wheel or should I just keep it all the same brand???

·
Its Almost Easy
352 Posts
that would be a little strange. try to stick with the same companies. stuff like trd wheels can go with just about any seat. but some brands tend to look better with other mods of the same brand (e.g. momo and blitz IMO).

if you like the momo steering wheel. maybe you want to go with the momo supercup seats. they are $450 per seat and look very nice.

·
Drive by Radar
1,013 Posts
It really depends on what you're looking for. When I was looking for seats, I wanted something good quality, comfortable, and LIGHT. Looking at the weight of each and every seat was especially a big factor for me. The Corbeau FX1 Pro's were only 2 lbs heavier than the lightest Sparco's, for 1/6th of the price.

Will you be doing a lot of HPDE, autoX, or drift events? Or are you just looking for some comfortable street seats?

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just street seats.... I was looking at the MOMO Atlantis seat... They are around 300 per seat and I think your right about sticking with the same company for the insides... What do you guys think about momo... I really haven't heard to much about them but i've always been under the inpression that they were pretty decent....

·
Its Almost Easy
352 Posts
dont like the atlantis' as much, they seems akward. Maybe its the supports near the lap belt.

If its a street seat your looking for i think the atlantis design seems a little more "track-like" instead of "street-like"

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm good point... The other thing that is a problem is I can't find a harness bar or a rail or slider assembly for the Supra with the MOMO setup.... I'll keep hunting... As far as the MOMO quality what do you think versus Sparco

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just thought of another question.... Is the brackets going to be different because I have a RHD car... I don't think so but just checking...

·
Its Almost Easy
352 Posts
the seat still have the same mounting points so they should fit fine. but i believe the momo seats have side mount brackets.

Not sure how adjustable they are though
http://www.bkauto.com/mini/race_seat_side_mount_brackets_momo.php

i think they are adjustable to a degree best bet is to call manufacturer. they can answer just about any question you have.

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and what about the harness bar... looks like i am going to be peeling the sticker off the sparco one lol

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I use the Recaro Speed seat in black with red stitching, secured on the Bride type MO bracket. Works very well. The seats are very comfortable and supportive. I paid $1600 for the seats and $350 for the brackets... My only suggestion would be that you get the wide version if you have a waist bigger than 34". The pictures will show you that the bolsters are extremely aggressive and I promise you that you won't slide around in them.

Picture for reference:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts