Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
71 Millimeters
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys i just bought my black 94tt 6spd not to long ago and it already had rims, intake,bov,intercooler and exhaust. i threw on a titan downpipe as well as a boost gauge. im not too familiar with this motor yet but i dont feel my second turbo hit now is that because im only pushing 12 psi or has my second turbo just gone bad?<
>/IMG
 
G

·
blacktt1 said:
hey guys i just bought my 94tt 6spd not to long ago and it already had rims, intake,bov,intercooler and exhaust. i threw on a titan downpipe as well as a boost gauge. im not too familiar with this motor yet but i dont feel my second turbo hit now is that because im only pushing 12 psi or has my second turbo just gone bad?
yea......you are running stock boost dude.....get a boost controoler and turn up the boost, you will feel the second turbo hit as well as a major increase in power obviously .....check for strange smells and color from ur exhaust in idle to know if your turbos are going bad.... welcome to the club and good luck with your car! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
My 2jz-gte is stock with just full exhaust. and my second turbo kicks in very well.. i mean you can actually feel the difference between the first and the second. ( im all jdm spec though) check if your turbos are making an odd "whining" noise.. if not then i guess thats how it has to be ? when my turbo went out. it kinda felt like that as well, only mine made a very nasty sound, and smoke out the exhaust.
 

·
71 Millimeters
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
d0cktor said:
My 2jz-gte is stock with just full exhaust. and my second turbo kicks in very well.. i mean you can actually feel the difference between the first and the second. ( im all jdm spec though) check if your turbos are making an odd "whining" noise.. if not then i guess thats how it has to be ? when my turbo went out. it kinda felt like that as well, only mine made a very nasty sound, and smoke out the exhaust.
no there are no weird noises or smoke or anything like that, i asked SP what they thought and they said that i would need a boost controller to solve this problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Great, myabe the jdm and usdm setups are totally different? i know the turbos are bigger and made of ceramic.
 

·
71 Millimeters
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
d0cktor said:
Great, myabe the jdm and usdm setups are totally different? i know the turbos are bigger and made of ceramic.
maybe i really cant say i know about that too much but ill let you know what happens when i get my boost controller this week thank for your help man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Are both those MKIV's yours?
 

·
71 Millimeters
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
makaveli200369 said:
Are both those MKIV's yours?
no the red one is my buddy's(BPU...soon to be single)
 

·
I Solve Problems
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
With the mods the car has it should boost over 12 psi. Check for boost leaks. Should be around 15 psi without a boost controller depending on the weather. Does the car have a boost cut controller? If not, thats your next mod BEFORE a boost controller.
 

·
71 Millimeters
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lis2k said:
With the mods the car has it should boost over 12 psi. Check for boost leaks. Should be around 15 psi without a boost controller depending on the weather. Does the car have a boost cut controller? If not, thats your next mod BEFORE a boost controller.
no it doesnt actually but the red one has the same mods except for his vpc and he is running 24psi now that is what gets me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,437 Posts
lis2k said:
With the mods the car has it should boost over 12 psi. Check for boost leaks. Should be around 15 psi without a boost controller depending on the weather. Does the car have a boost cut controller? If not, thats your next mod BEFORE a boost controller.

Not always. I am on OEM twins, no BCC, new turbos (4k miles on them), and an RMM downpipe. The pressure tank is new, all vac lines are new, etc....

My boost gauge doesnt work (needs a sensor), but I have never hit boost cut since installing the downpipe, even in 40 degree weather. I am still on stock exhaust, but I put a spare racing medalion on for 3 days (70 degree weather) and ran it pretty hard a few times with no boost cut.
Boost cut is 14psi correct?

That being said, a bcc definatly does come before a controller (controller is worthless if your hitting feul cut.).
 

·
200+mph
Joined
·
738 Posts
which intercooler do you have Greddy 3-row ?? do you have to change alot to fit it behind the stock bumper ?


and I think you should definately feel when the second turbo kicks in even when the car is at almost stock boost
 

·
71 Millimeters
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SupraTT/Iceland said:
which intercooler do you have Greddy 3-row ?? do you have to change alot to fit it behind the stock bumper ?


and I think you should definately feel when the second turbo kicks in even when the car is at almost stock boost
yes it is greddy 3-row and some cutting off of the inside part of your bumper will need to be done for it to fit but thats it
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top