Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to go on an open track event, and the rulebook calls for a secondary thortle return spring? Anyone installed one of these? where the heck do I put it? What Spring do I need etc? Pictures are always good.

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
155 Posts
You need to go hardware store, i.e. Ace Hardware tell the clerk that you needed throtle return spring for the supdawg they would know what it is. I know some club required that.

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
Your best bet is to go to ace hdw and get a 1/2" - 3/4" diameter spring about 5" long. Also Kragens, Pepboys or Autozone sell a variety pack for throttle return springs.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to the Open Track main guy, and found out this rule only applies to Carb equiped vehicles. The thortle Spring Supras have on the stock throtle body will suffice. FYI this is for the Shelby Club Event Sunday rules.

- Randy

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
carb rules apply to your car. you better get that spring on or else you will be upset when you dont pass tech. you can always remove it later, better to be safe then sorry.

·
OCC
897 Posts
I'm glad we installed the secondary spring on our t-bodies... it's best to never skip out on safety related items, especially when it's such an inexpensive mod. One thing to remember is that these rules exist for a reason.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow I really have to work to press the gas pedal in! It's working great!! I've got the biiiiiig Red american spring. I heard you guys have a small yellow spring.

- Randy

·
Registered
155 Posts
I got the yellow spring for my secondary throtle, anyway color is not important, what is important is it worked for me. I'm ready to go racing with the big boy at NORCAL-Shelby.

Yehoo.!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Actually I did not know JB weld exist, I super glue on mind. Oh, of course on my 1/8 scale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts