Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car will not start !

well i finally got my car home,well kinda home.. i drove it for about 2 hrs.

today made a stop,got out and locked the doors,but little did i know when i come back ,unlock the doors the alarm sounds off,i was sure exactly how this alarm is supposed to be shut off so i try locking and unlocking the door.which doesnt do anything,then i got inside and turned the key,and it stopped but now it will not start!!!

i read the owners manual,and it says that once i unlock the door with the key it should disale the alarm,but instead it set it off,which disables the starter.hence my question.. is there a way to disable the alarm another way?? even if its disabled for good??

i know this is not a high tech security system,so there has gotta be a way around it,i just dont know how...

any help is appreciated!

WonIt

K

·
0 Posts
happened to me once. i let it sit for about 15 mins. then i just locked my car again, set the alarm and opened it with the key (drivers door) then it started right up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KVSupra87 said:
happened to me once. i let it sit for about 15 mins. then i just locked my car again, set the alarm and opened it with the key (drivers door) then it started right up.

no luck for me on that one...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep,did that too!!.... What would one do if they were gonna steal this car? how would they get around the system?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Dont know man. Mine always fires back up once i lock it again and unlock it. Make sure to tell us how u fixed it though in case it happens to one of us.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I remember looking at a Supra a while back, that would not start for some reason.

I believe my father said something about a neutral safety switch, or something like that.

Anyone wanna help me out on this one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
figured out how to get around it!! had to pull the door panel off,and remove the sensor from thew door lock! cut it off,and splice all the wires together.i heard a click.and now the car starts fine......now to work out the other kinks!

BTW,
im gonna have to buy 2 new door lock sensors which run about 135 each from the dealer

K

·
0 Posts
im sure u can find those sensors somewhere for sale on this site. check the for sale section.

ur situation is weird. i never heard of it not starting up after you lock the car again and unlock it. are you sure you have all factory security in your car?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
If I were you I'd consider removing the stock system and putting in a good aftermarket setup. From what I've heard/read the stock setup is sucky ;). (I've never used it, as my car doesn't have it).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah,i did plan on doing that also,but for now im gonna use this one!

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
How to Disarm the Stock Security System:

If alarm happens to trip and goes off, unlock door, insert key into ignition and turn to disarm the system. The car will not start due to the starter disable system.

To reset the system and disable the SDS, lock door from inside, get out and close door. The red LED in the dash will turn on. You may then unlock the door with the key again and will be able to start the car.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
If I were you I'd consider removing the stock system and putting in a good aftermarket setup. From what I've heard/read the stock setup is sucky ;). (I've never used it, as my car doesn't have it).
:agreed: for what you will pay to fix the stock system you can buy a descent aftermarket system.

K

·
0 Posts
i just kept my factory alarm system and installed a keyless entry :)

i agree with wusaint36. for all the money ur going to spend on those sensors. buy a quality aftermarket alarm system.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JonnyRedline said:
How to Disarm the Stock Security System:

If alarm happens to trip and goes off, unlock door, insert key into ignition and turn to disarm the system. The car will not start due to the starter disable system.

To reset the system and disable the SDS, lock door from inside, get out and close door. The red LED in the dash will turn on. You may then unlock the door with the key again and will be able to start the car.

did that , and still went off,the guy who worked on my car said he had the same problem with his MK3 and had to buy new sensors,im lookin at alarm systems now... but 1st i gotta figue out why i dont have as much power as i should!

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
haha.. i know my door sensors are all goofy too... i find a disgust pleasure in accidently setting off my alarm.. an occasion that frequents my apartment complex parking lot.

Alarm trips... open door... key in ignition... alarm goes off..... get out.. close doors... lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock... and that does it.... works every time

haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts