Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
im looking into a new exhaust...what are most of you guys out here using. the MX is specifically for the NA so i figured its gotta be pretty good. can you guys just tell me what you are using..how you like it...if it added noticable HP and how loud it is compared to stock?
thanks
also..to greddy MX owners im looking for specific information about how this one compares to stock...in loudness and tone..and in HP gains.
any kind of input is appreciated.
thanks
Bob

·
Registered
506 Posts
I suggest taking off your muffler. I did this and the car runs/soinds great. It only cost $85 b/c you have to get a shop to make some pipes to come out an exit the rear. I gained 7 rwhp w/ no muffler and an intake. most of the power came from the exhaust. The sound is great. I thought it would be annoying but it is a great sound. Nice and deep. Anyways, that's just my suggestion. Oh, leave the 2 resonators and the cat on.

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
I suggest getting some of the equal length tubular headers SP is going to make (assuming Larry gets time to think about it)...

btw - I had my whole muffler assembly off while I wait for the SP I bought (resonators and muffler off). I started it up for shits - OMG was it loud. Sounded mean as hell. If I lived in the sticks I would run a straight pipe right off the cat. Anywhere near civilization though and you are just asking for someone to torch your car :)

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cuttin out the muffler

i live in PA....isnt it illegal to remove/tamper with the muffler? also i was hoping to get a bigger tip as well...i thought about just getting a magnaflow muffler/canister thing with a tip...i thought that would be kinda cheesy tho...maybe im wrong...what do u think? new tip? just cut? or new exhaust?

((still looking for input from MX owners))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts