Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried confirming if my mkiv’s number two turbo went out by trying the TTC mod. I ended up breaking a part along the way. Does anyone know what this part number is located in this pic?
Thank you in advance.
By the way, no change. The car keeps blowing blue puffs of smoke at idle at stops (after valve seal job and cover gasket) and it runs like crap with the ttc mod. I’m going single.

Man I miss driving her especially with the summer starting off.

Attachments

·
1,836 Posts
Iacv vsv sensor
25860-46060
About $80

It sounds like blown turbo seals, if you replaced the valve stem seals.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. I placed the order on eBay for $59.
By the way, if it is a blown turbo seal, is it a lot of work? Well I have to remove and reinstall the whole turbo system? Maybe I’m better off just taking them off and going single.
Thanks again buddy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How many miles on the car? Like supradriver247 stated given the age of our cars and mileage I would also suspect a blown turbo seal especially if the smoke condition occurred without prior smoking. usually a blown turbo seal is evident by large amounts of smoke while worn seals usually have wisps of smoke regardless of engine speed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles on the car? Like supradriver247 stated given the age of our cars and mileage I would also suspect a blown turbo seal especially if the smoke condition occurred without prior smoking. usually a blown turbo seal is evident by large amounts of smoke while worn seals usually have wisps of smoke regardless of engine speed.
The car is a 93.5 and it’s got over 100,000 miles. The speedometer and odometer stopped working a long while back so I’m assuming it’s up there even though I didn’t use her that much in the past 7-10 yrs.

I did the valve seals and the valve cover gaskets. The car continues to smoke at idle when stopped at red lights.
Is a blown turbo gasket difficult to replace? I found some decent used oem twin turbos on eBay but I’m afraid they’ll be a bitch to swap. I’m considering going single but $6,000 plus seems a bit pricy at the time.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts