Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was mahdavimotorsports rhd with a 2jz-Greddy T 88H 2stage nitrous and good ole 315 wide BFG drag radials and it ran a 9.5 (first run of the day) but his best was 9.4 at norwalk, OH. I look forward to doing business with this guy sometime soon.pics soon!

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
2jz = no care. I wanna see the fastest TRUE MK3, with a 7M, no 2jz crap (no offense to 2j, I just wanna know the fastest ACTUAL MK3).

-Matt

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
grrr, I agree with matt

2JZ=MKIV=don't care

7M FTW!!

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
Tony Orta in Vegas has been pushing some really great times/speeds out of his 7M. 824whp on the dyno too. I got to ride in that beast this past fall and just have one thing to say... "Thanks 'Oops I crapped my pants!'"

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
90SupraTurbo1 said:
funny part 7m wont do that. face it truth is jz is just better.

No, its not that the 7m cant do it, its that the owners are too damn cheap to do things correctly to make the power. The 2j is so over engineered, it takes little to no effort to make insane power. On the 7M, it takes substantial money and power to build, and face it, 94% of the MK III owners are cheap, VERY cheap. Rather then buying a $75 manual boost controler, they goto lowes and buy $20 worth of stuff and make their own. Anything wrong with it? I dont know... but I do know that I am spending mroe in the building of my cylinder head then most have on full engine rebuilds.
Needless to say, if my car isn't in 10's when done, I'll rework it till it is, then once I get a auto tranny holding the big power, then I'll try to get it faster..

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
90SupraTurbo1 said:
funny part 7m wont do that. face it truth is jz is just better.
Why not? Theres a Mk2 with a 7m that has put mid 900 rwhp #s and low 9s several years back. Besides who cares? Building a drag racer out of a sports cars is still kinda stupid in my view.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
any moron can go fast in a straight line. /my view

but back on topic, nice numbers.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
SilverMk2 said:
Why not? Theres a Mk2 with a 7m that has put mid 900 rwhp #s and low 9s several years back. Besides who cares? Building a drag racer out of a sports cars is still kinda stupid in my view.
i see what you mean, i know for sure that im not building no drag car. but to some people thats just what they like to do...

TheHeffNerr said:
any moron can go fast in a straight line. /my view
yeah, but to get the best possible results it takes quite a bit of skill. there are numerous things that can affect your times on a strip

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ thats not what im worried about. just the people bashin the dragstas. im done with it tho

·
SMFL
223 Posts
It was mahdavimotorsports rhd with a 2jz-Greddy T 88H 2stage nitrous and good ole 315 wide BFG drag radials and it ran a 9.5 (first run of the day) but his best was 9.4 at norwalk, OH. I look forward to doing business with this guy sometime soon.pics soon!
Not bad. The JZ is still quite a bit behind the 7M in the MA70 though. 8's in the 7M happened over a decade ago.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Shred said:
Not bad. The JZ is still quite a bit behind the 7M in the MA70 though. 8's in the 7M happened over a decade ago.

yep the bad part is that no one has been able to replicate it, which i find odd as all hell.

·
Registered
249 Posts
the hks a70 ran an 8.09 back in the day but was a complete one off frame with carbon fiber body paneling.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts