Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· 95Turbo
1,168 Posts
I've had the Seibon TS for like a year and dont have this problem. Never heard of this happening till now. Hope you can get it fix without any big problems.

My TS hood hasnt had any of the problems brought up lately.
IE: Fitting/Latching/And this
Took some work to get it installed correctly, but its been great since.

· 95Turbo
1,168 Posts
^ya i had to cut the shroud i had, then bought a new one that was slightly dif then the one i had and the hood just barely touches the new one. It doesnt affect the fit of the hood at all tho.

Anyways, im just wondering if you have a strut bar install along with the seibon ts hood.

· 95Turbo
1,168 Posts
Same here. I took off my trd bar thinking that was what stopped the hood from fitting well, when it was actually the shroud. After the cuitting, then buying the new one, i havent tried to put the trd bar back on.

Ive been lazy about it to...just figuring it wouldnt work. But ima go find out for sure during my lunch break.

· 95Turbo
1,168 Posts
Na the hood didnt look right with my TRD strut bar installed.
It still latched and all, but you could tell it was hitting b/c the hood bulged up alittle higher then the fenders around the strut bar area. It was pushed up like an 1/8 of an inch, but it was more then enough to notice.

Ive heard the modellista is alittle different then the seibon, so i dunno if it will or will not work with the trd. I'll prolly have mine for sale soon though if youd be interested. Could use some paint tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.