Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N E 1 have this hood? if you do, how is the fit/gaps and weave of their carbon fiber.

Thanks

Ken

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
I have seen it in person on onw supra and it fits pretty good. Not to bad with the gaps. Check out MVP they have pics on their site

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
SupraDupra_17 said:
his is from modellista designs...

i have a seibon one

Thanks chris :) saved me from typing.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Does the seibon have the vents like the top secret?

and does it have something for when it rains / wash car?

M

·
0 Posts
Yes, Seibon TS1 hoods come with rainguards, Joey. That's one of their advantages over TS1 and Modellista.

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
Does the seibon have the vents like the top secret?

and does it have something for when it rains / wash car?
it only has a single turbo vent, instead of a dual like MD and TS

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
Dual look better IMO...

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
here are some pics of my hood...please excuse the dirtyness of the car in the first 2 pics (i was just snapping some quick shots of the hood)

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
Chris, Are the vents in the middle more slanted than the Modellista hood I have... Looks like the middle ones are alot more slanted than mine, Maybe I should go look at my car again.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
The hood looks great! Looks kinda funny on a stock bodied car with stock rims though...

Some nice wheels and it will look MUCH better. I really like it. :bigok:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here are some pics of my hood...please excuse the dirtyness of the car in the first 2 pics (i was just snapping some quick shots of the hood)
Thanks for the pix. Your hood looks really nice. My only concern with Seibon is
that there is only 1 vent on the turbo side. I belive TS and Modellista has dual vents.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
BLITZ-822 said:
Thanks for the pix. Your hood looks really nice. My only concern with Seibon is
that there is only 1 vent on the turbo side. I belive TS and Modellista has dual vents.
Yea Modellista has the dual vents which I personally like better than the single vent.

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
supra557hp said:
Chris, Are the vents in the middle more slanted than the Modellista hood I have... Looks like the middle ones are alot more slanted than mine, Maybe I should go look at my car again.
yes Louie, you are correct about the vents in the middle. there is a noticable difference when comparing it to the MD hood (which i've done plenty of times here in SD). you should post up some pics of the hood (similar to mine) so we can compare again...

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
The hood looks great! Looks kinda funny on a stock bodied car with stock rims though...

Some nice wheels and it will look MUCH better. I really like it. :bigok:
Thanks for the kind words Joey...considering it IS an NA :rolleyes: Anyway, rims are sorta in the future but right now i'm trying to focus on one thing, boost. The reason why I got the hood first was becuase I got it at a steal and I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
SupraDupra_17 said:
Thanks for the kind words Joey...considering it IS an NA :rolleyes: Anyway, rims are sorta in the future but right now i'm trying to focus on one thing, boost. The reason why I got the hood first was becuase I got it at a steal and I couldn't pass up the opportunity.
No problem :) I agree with ya, definately boost before rims :)

How much did you pick the hood up for, if you dont mind?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts