Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been considering getting a seibon cf hatch...and i was wondering if people could share there pics and experiences of installing in regards to fit...especailly if you have drilled holes for a trd/rmm/stock wing as this is what i am still a little unsure of.

·
Supra owner
421 Posts
craigdt said:
Ive never heard of anyone who had the Seibon CF hatch. Wasn't aware they made one.
-Craig

I'm sure there are lots of things you don't know....what's the point of your reply again?

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
silver gz said:
sorry...trunk...would be america's term :)
nope hatch is america's term also. Trunks go on sedans, and you guys call em boots right? ;) Im not sure anyone has posted the Seibon hatch, but someone was selling a CF hatch that fit very poorly. I wish I could remember which manufacturer it was.

Alex

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alx2785 said:
nope hatch is america's term also. Trunks go on sedans, and you guys call em boots right? ;) Im not sure anyone has posted the Seibon hatch, but someone was selling a CF hatch that fit very poorly. I wish I could remember which manufacturer it was.

Alex
yeah boots are the go;)...yeah i know that the vis ones are utter crap so i really am wondering if anyone has fitted a trd/rmm/stock style wing to a cf hatch succesfully.....and if any one has any pics they would like to share that would be great too thanks.

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
I think Chris from AAP had a CF hatch on his old supra. I'm not sure of the fitment. I believe he said it was good but I'm not sure which hatch it was. Sorry, I know that really doesn't help.

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
I think the Boost Logic supra has a cf hatch on it, not sure of the brand though. And I think White Blaze has one also, VIS.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i ordered a Seibon CF hatch and waited like 9 months for it. Seibon later told me that they needed at least 3 orders to make it. so i was like, "it's not made in japan...and its longer than 6 months.....forget it!" so i cancel the order. BACK ORDER is a BITHCHHHH! sorry no help...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn that looks good, seems no one has fitted a wing to one, all the ones i see are wingless...oh well im gonna give it a go though

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
out of curiosity ....how much is the seibon and how does the glass hold in ? or can you use plexiglass? part of my concern would be that if you glue the glass in and it breaks for some reason , is the hatch junked ?

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
silver gz said:
damn that looks good, seems no one has fitted a wing to one, all the ones i see are wingless...oh well im gonna give it a go though

the only reason no one puts a wing on the cf hatch is because they are very weak. i had a rmm and that will be ok but im planning on putting an apr gtc wing whicvh creates a lot of down force.

if i have time my plans are to take the car to apr and have them make custom brackets and cut through the hatch so the wing is mounted to the frame of the car and not the hatch. it will tear the hatch right off on the highway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If someone would develop a CF hatch that had the strength to support the stock wing, i think they would sell very well. ( What part isn't strong enough? ) could it be braced by metalor something? or a honeycomb type setup? Heck what would be cool would be a CF boot AND spoiler in one peice!

1 peice boot and stock spoiler all in CF - i think i'd buy that instantly.

With the CF boots that are around at the moment, is there much flex in them? how do they compare to a OEM hatch?

I'm all for preventative purchasing. I would buy a hatch today with spoiler,if it meant no rust ever on that part!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts