Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, I hear that TS hoods do not have rainguards, what do rainguards do? and does the Seibon TS hood have rainguards?

thanks for replies

·
Registered
252 Posts
rain guards protect the rain from getting into the engine.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how could i get rainguards for the TS hood then?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Rainguards = prevent water from passing thru vents straight into the engine bay.

Solution = Fabricate custom rain guards, or contact a company who makes them (such as Seibon).

·
Registered
84 Posts
MkIV13 said:
rain guards protect the rain from getting into the engine.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly confident that the rain doesn't need protection. :dunno:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so ill have to pay extra for rainguards? if seibon makes it why dont they just attach the rainguards to the hood? :dunno:

·
the quest for spool
172 Posts
My Seibon TS hood came with a one-piece fiberglass rainguard. It was already installed to the underside of the hood. I have driven and parked in rain, and washed my car without the guards, and it hasn't negatively affected anything. Might be different if you have a fully polished engine susceptible to water spots or something though.

- Brad

·
Registered
252 Posts
thermo said:
I could be wrong but I'm fairly confident that the rain doesn't need protection. :dunno:

keywords...rain guards, protect, into, & engine. is it that hard to understand english?

·
Registered
84 Posts
MkIV13 said:
keywords...rain guards, protect, into, & engine. is it that hard to understand english?
Dude, I'm pretty sure I was joking too; you don't have to get offended. I believe that these things are normally pretty obvious, even to a jackass.

Keywords are underlined in order to aid in difficulties understanding the English language and its proper use. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
252 Posts
thermo said:
Dude, I'm pretty sure I was joking too; you don't have to get offended. I believe that these things are normally pretty obvious, even to a jackass.

Keywords are underlined in order to aid in difficulties understanding the English language and its proper use. :rolleyes:

sounded like a smart ass remark to me...he asked the question and i answered it. if i was offended i would be typing in caps and so your saying that the person who asked that question is a jackass? well, then you tell him he's a jackass. i'm just trying to help him out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i appreciate the help but dont appreciate the drama that comes along with it lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
MkIV13 said:
sounded like a smart ass remark to me...he asked the question and i answered it. if i was offended i would be typing in caps and so your saying that the person who asked that question is a jackass? well, then you tell him he's a jackass. i'm just trying to help him out.
Since you weren't typing in caps you have come to the conclusion that I was not addressing you. You're logic is infallible..

Just8UrV8: Sorry, I wasn't going to post again but this guy's train of thought is ridiculous. I think i got a little dumber just trying to rationalize his statements. Regardless, I'm done. Hope the rest of the posts are more helpful than this one.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^^ Yeh it was a smart-ass remark and didn't help the thread at all. We all do it now and then, just don't be surprised when you piss people off by doing it.

The Seibon TS style hoods all come with rainguards, just like the trd style hoods by them and VIS, as well.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The Modellista ones are ultra light and i hear that they are better than Seibon, They dont have rainguards, but Nick and Curtis drive with them in the rain all the time with no problem...maybe i should get Modellista

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Modellista does not utilize stock hood latches IIRC, so you'd need hoodpins if you went that route. Seibon uses the stock hood latches.

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
wait till the modellista version2 ts1 hood is released.. from what i've heard its gonna be lighter, utilize stock latch system, and is suposed to be alot stronger then the version they have out now oh yeah and lastly it might come in at under 10lbs to give you an idea of how much more lighter it might be..

Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts