Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i tried to get my alignment done today, but the shop said that my camber bolts are seized......is this just BS?? wouldn't an impact and some heat be able to take that sucker off??? it was about 2 hours before closing time for the long weekend so maybe it was just an excuse.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
not a lame excuse, it's a very common problem. get ready to bust out the wallet and the big tools- you'll have to cut out the adjustment cams and press in new bushings.....

·
The Doc is in...
526 Posts
Similar problem on my friends MKIII, We just used some PB Blaster, and a really long breaker bar. Granted it was on a lift. Just use some muscle, but be ready to break either a) the bolt, or b) the wrench/rachet/breakerbar. On ours I snapped a breaker bar. Good Luck.
Denny

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i just cut one off and put a new a-arm from a clip i had.my car is a 92 with 86,000 and doesn't look like its been through alot of winters.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
it's common, northern cars get the brunt of it...thank god I got a texas car :p

·
Registered
946 Posts
Why not try penetration lube on it, like literally soak the sucker for a week and then use a breaker bar... Kinda hard if you don't have a lift... I'm going to be facing the same problem as you are in the near future.
I managed to break apart my 16+ year old CAT to Catback system without breaking anything. Also managed to get apart my 16+ year old siezed suspension bolts for the upper and lower arms. I see this task being no different unless they are super super super de duper siezed on. If your going for the breaker bar method, use a 1/2 inch wrench and a pretty thick steel bar. I'm using some construction bar I found outside some housing development area... been working like a charm.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i sprayed on some penetrant last night, and i will continue doing it for a week. I also tap it with a hammer to break stuff free if it is doing it. I have an electric impact wrench so i'll use that until it blows up or until it frees the bolt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts