Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My secret passion has always been (I hate to say it) 68-72 and 84-96 Vettes. I don't have the money now but in the future who knows. I'm pretty sure the 68-72 Vettes are out of my leauge money wise, but maybe the early 1990s? Anyway for the time being I have my 1990 n/a auto Supra. I know it is slow as crap, but its still fun to drive. Should I give up the dream of the Vette? I would love to hear from those year Vette owners to hear their views on this. It would be great if they are also famiar with owning the MK3 to compare the virtues of the Vette vs the MK3 if that is even possible. My experience with owning some other GM cars has not always been good. Probably most MK3 guys will say I am nuts and should trade for a turbo MK3 instead and never ever to mention the V word here again. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Supra_Dre said:
Since you are NA auto--->get the Vette. You had fun driving an NA auto?
Yeah believe it or not speed is fine, but just cruising is what I like best. I have owned this n/a auto for 15 years now and I can say without a doubt it is the best car I have ever owned. Maybe its because I don't know any better. LOL.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brewster said:
You can find a nice 92-96 LT1 for $10-15k. ZR-1's are a lot more.

A decent 68-72 can be had for $12k-15k with the nicer ones bringing more, all the way to $100k+ for the recently frame off restored ones.

Check out http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com
Thanks for the info bro. I recently went to a place in Tarpon Springs FL that has alot of old Vettes and other classic cars in a showroom. Big bucks for everything there as it appears to have top of the line frame up restorations. Anyway they had two I think 71 Vette convertables with 454 engines out front (one red and one black). They wanted close to 50K each. Needless to say I left a pile of drool in their driveway! Boy they were in fantastic shape! Makes me wish I won the loto.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Demon Rage SRT4 said:
Follow your dreams and Look for a ZR-1.
I like the way this dude thinks :bigthumb:

You can also look at the '96 LT4s - I've seen some in AZ with about 40K miles for under $20K.

Good luck dude - go for the Vette :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Friend of mine has an 86 vette with a tick under 55K on it. Nice car. Has some issues from being 19 years old of course. Just stay away from the Crossfire injection. That shit is nothign but problems. Tuned port is fine and my friend has never had a prolem out of his engine. I say look for the LT4. Great motor and can be had for aound 15K. Wheras all the ZR-1's hat I have seen are going for at or over 20K.

Reactions: Storko

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Actually C4 Vettes can be unreliable. It depends on what you want. Get the newest one you can afford. If you plan on a cruising car go with a 92 and up(LT1). Nice bang for the buck money wise.

Reactions: Storko
1 - 12 of 12 Posts