Votes: 15 51.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 48.3%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today after i got off work i went to my car and there was a note on my windshield with a guys name/#/ and a note asking if i would sell my car. i call the guy and hes 34 and says he loves my car and sees me every once and a while driving around. said hes been looking for one in good shape and hes been wanting one for a long time. he ask what i have done to it and i tell him everything (in the sig) i bought the car for $3400 and have spent a total of $2700 on it. so thats $6100. he asks me if i would be willing to sell it and i say im not sure cuz ive done some work to it and really like the car. well he offers me a rediculous amount of money and this is why im wondering now. he offers me $6800 for it!!!!
but im not sure if i should do it or not cuz i really need my car now and i dont have another car to drive and ive wanted a supra for a long time and looked for one for 5 months and ended up driving a good amount to get one. theres not many around where i live.
what do you all think?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
U can find alot of nice mk3's for 6800 bucks :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
man sell it you can find a broke down mk3 and build it better then the one you have for that much money

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
I wouldn't but thats just me. My MKIII has alot of sentimental value.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
pshh, 87 best year , and pre-89's rule ( Yes I know I have 89+ lights, but I still love pre-89 )

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
myMUSICveins said:
I'd sell it and find a clean 91-92.
:agreed: those pre 89's dont look all that great like SupraDoom says. :p

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
sell sell sell!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i wouldn't sell my car for that, but mine's a 92 with low miles. if i were in your shoes, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

·
Take it!
996 Posts
if your going to sell your mk3, it will be hard to find another one and put all that work into again! Its such a damn hassle, if you want your car to perform at optimum performance. Personally I say, keep the car! Just because the buyer is offering 6800 bucks for it, I know that means a lot of money, but you've grown a relationship with your supra and it will be hard to look for another on again.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Thats quite a deal, dont you think? I say go for it.

Personally, I never want to sell my car because of sentimental value, but nonetheless you can build a better one, dont you think?

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Sounds like he offered a fair price.

How many miles do you have on the car?

My 87 is a 9.5 out of 10 conditionwise with low (55K) miles and I personally would need a bit more to sell mine than that.

If mine had over 100k, it might be a different story.

Good luck with a tough decision.

Dan

·
Registered
341 Posts
First off it's not that great of deal. Wheels, mods & good paint job would cost you around 5k i'm thinking.

I would ask myself these questions.

Why did I buy the car in the first place?
Why did I put all the time, hard work & money into it?
What will I replace it with.
Would I rather drive something else?

Good luck.

How's that hell hole Roswell. I went to NMMI a long, long time ago.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
its your car, do what makes you feel good

but i know for me.... my car has alot large attachment to me than just the money that was put into it and 6500 wouldn't separate it from me...

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
Turbo-Joe said:
its your car, do what makes you feel good

but i know for me.... my car has alot large attachment to me than just the money that was put into it and 6500 wouldn't separate it from me...
First off it's not that great of deal. Wheels, mods & good paint job would cost you around 5k i'm thinking.
It really depends on how clean his current Supra is. Personally, the idea of a sunroof, and 6" speakers in the front doors is pretty cool.

Smaller but still nice perks are painted to match trim, air bags, nicer wheels, and an overall newer car.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
myMUSICveins said:
I'd sell it and find a clean 91-92.
Everyone is telling him to sell it, but go out and try to find another clean one. The MKIII's are all but used up, sure you can find another one, but most everything out there will need some work. I have a buddy that;s been looking for 6 months for a mint MKIII, everything he's looked is ragged out, or the clean one's sell before he get's to them.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Call him back when ur car breaks down :)

Are the hassles and all the work worth a new car that POSSIBLY could be faster than yours? With $6800 sure u could make a car just as fast or faster, IF IT HAS NO PROBLEMS.

Keep your car, if you don't, good luck finding another clean supra :lol:

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
pre 89s are worth dick all so what hes offering you is way over what they are normally worth. So If you want, sell it and buy an 89 plus.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
Rajunz said:
Everyone is telling him to sell it, but go out and try to find another clean one. The MKIII's are all but used up, sure you can find another one, but most everything out there will need some work. I have a buddy that;s been looking for 6 months for a mint MKIII, everything he's looked is ragged out, or the clean one's sell before he get's to them.
I didn’t know clean turbos were that hard to find now. Its been years since I’ve looked.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts