Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone i love my supra very much but iam starting to fall in love with the E46 m3 should i sell the supra and get a m3 or just keep the supra and have fun with it all ready

my supra is my weekend car if that so the m3 would be the same i just dont know what to do no more:(

·
Registered
744 Posts
keep the supra as your weekend car,

get the m3 as your daily..

M3's are a dime a dozen, supra's style and performance/rarity will liver forever. ;)

-Brian

·
Registered
476 Posts
supra > E46 M3

m3's are dime a dozen see them all the time, i oculd count on one hand how many supra's i see a year.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish i could keep the supra and get a m3 but i have a company car so the supra or m3 is weekend only not even that and wife wont let me get another car,

wife-is300
me- daily driver company car 08 jeep librity
weekend car-supra tt 6-speed

or get a m3

·
Registered
744 Posts
on that then I would say keep the Supra!

Is your supra a TT? Auto or 6 speed? Those are factors as well.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Are you sure you want to do this. Have you driven an e46 yet?

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Tell us why you want to do it. What concerns etc?

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
I had an E46 330ci and it broke every weekend. I know it's not a M3, but I would never go back. I sold the BMW for my Supra and have not regretted it one bit. The repair bills kept on getting worse.

Just my $.02

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
I've driven many E46 M3's (3) before I decided to get my current ride (03 SMG, 04 SMG, 06 Manual). No, have never driven a Supra. The E46M is nice, but, yes, a dime-a-dozen. I would strongly suggest against getting rid of a Supra for an M3. VERY STRONGLY. You will always be able to get an M3. Not so easy to find a bpu Supra. Especially since you know your Supra's history.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have driven a few...

The M3 is sorta like a grown-up s2000...It revs high and doesn't have LOADS of low end punch (not as bad as the S2k though). It has WAY more features than the Supra, NAVI, Bluetooth, Parking sensors and etc....it handles VERY well not as tossable as a S2000 but still tossable...compared to the Supra it handles better IMO. I feel more at ease going 10/10 in a M3 than a Supra...I think the ride is about the same in both neither will beat you up but I give a slight edge to the M3 on harsh bumps and roads..it seems to soak them up just a little better..ultimately, both cars are great it is just a matter of which one does it for you the most...GL

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
get the m3

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,485 Posts
Told you it would only take a couple grand more and we can do the trade!

As far as fun factor, no contest the M wins if you are turning. If its just straight line, its probably even if you look at it stock for stock, modified for modified. The M also wins in practicality, and comfort as well.

As far as why I want to go back to a Supra - passion. I don't feel the same way about my M as I did my MKIV, and my MKIV was NA. I absolutely love the Supra, and wish it were easier to get back into one.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts