Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Just curious on what your views are.

Would you sell your bike to an inexperienced rider?

I had a guy call me about my GSXR1000 and he said he is just learning to ride. I am hesitant about selling such a bike to a beginner.

But it isn't up to me. I'm not his dad...

Your opinions?

Jonny

·
Registered
382 Posts
He is going to end up with one either way, so if you are selling your bike he is just as good as anybody else to sell it to.

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
Remind him that he most likely has his hands full. Maybe saying that "Most start with a far less powerful bike, but its your money." If I were you, my conscience would pretty much be on me after I sold it to him. I say try your best to warn the guy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you said how old the buyer was I missed it. If the buyer is 21 or older sell it after a warning as stated above. If he is less than 21 really warn him and think about doing it in front of one of his parents.
I don't see how you would be at risk legally but just to feel better warn him.
Len

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Just sell it to me man, what are you wanting for it? PM me the details yr/mileage mods etc.

:)

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just sell it to me man, what are you wanting for it? PM me the details yr/mileage mods etc.

:)
Check your PM Big Perm, I mean Big Worm :rofl:

Jonny

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
I wouldn't want that blood on my hands... have someone else sell him his death wish
Would you feel the same if you sold it to an experienced rider and he killed himself on it?

What if you sold your 1911 and some guy shot himself with it? Why does it matter whether you think its a good/bad idea? If you inform him its his life, his decision.

I don't get you guys. :scratch:

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
Would you feel the same if you sold it to an experienced rider and he killed himself on it?

What if you sold your 1911 and some guy shot himself with it? Why does it matter whether you think its a good/bad idea? If you inform him its his life, his decision.

I don't get you guys. :scratch:
if i sold my 1911 to an in-experienced gun owner.. then yes..

the chances of a begginer on a 1000 dying and an experience rider dying is slim...

i would rather give someone something i know i they can handle.. thats less guilt on my hands

i wouldn't sell my Z to a 16 year old.. but i would sell it to a 30 year old

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well there shouldnt be any legal risks involved, so really its all how you personally feel about the situation.

How-ever the guy that said if he wants one, he'll find one, other then yours IS a possibility...who knows tommorrow his friend who has a 600 may talk him out of it. Lets outline a few things

1 ) Noone here including you has any clue what is going to happen in the future.
2) You're not in control of the future.
3) A 600 is all the bike anyone needs, a 1000 is for someone that wants more grunt, an insane rush is accomplished with either bike. I've seen/heard of guys on 600's outperform guys on 1000's many times.
4) Referring to number 3, he can just as easily kill himself with a 600 or 750 as he can with a 1000. If he's cocky, he'll get bit with any bike he buys.
5) All the above involves his own actions. If he wants to drive like a dipshit beginner, he will. whether its your bike he buys or someone elses.
6) Sell the bike to him, relax, have a beer, and make sweet passionate love to your woman. You cant live your life wondering "what if."

And if you need to feel a bit better about it, when you sell it just give him a good low-down on the bike, how to take it easy and slowly learn, while always having respect for it. Because it can, and will kill him if he's a dipshit. :)

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
an insane rush is accomplished with either bike.
:1poke: Last time I rode a 600 I thought the throttle wasn't opening all the way or something. :lol: 600s just have no top end at all.

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
:1poke: Last time I rode a 600 I thought the throttle wasn't opening all the way or something. :lol: 600s just have no top end at all.
yeah... the last time my buddies on their zx6r's had their throttles wide open and tucked down... i went from 50% to 100% throttle and passed them with ease

·
Registered
484 Posts
I sold my 200hp all-motor busa to a 17yr old kid... He said he had ridden a buddy's 600 before...lol The first thing he asked me was "What else do I gotta do to it to hookup the nawwws?" LMAO!!! :nuts: :nuts: :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
323 Posts

Congrates on proving nothing at all, I said an insane rush is accomplished with either bike, in reference to this "beginner."

600's have plenty of top end, or lemme guess, you ONLY get a "rush" when you top out your bike 2 seconds faster on your 1000? lol.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Congrates on proving nothing at all, I said an insane rush is accomplished with either bike, in reference to this "beginner."

600's have plenty of top end, or lemme guess, you ONLY get a "rush" when you top out your bike 2 seconds faster on your 1000? lol.
Big difference between 150 and 190mph. A lot of decent running V6 sedans will go 150mph. All I'm saying is that unless you're completely estranged from your personal adrenaline glad 150mph isn't an "INSANE RUSH"

·
Fasthawk
145 Posts
Most people prefer the low end grunt of a liter bike compared to the 600's for getting around. I don't know of too many places on the street you can safely get the feel for a liter bike's top end, unless you're fuckin crazy and enjoy 150mph+ rides on the weekends.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts