Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its that time again....senior project. Last semester I actually went on and built Adaptive Brakelights, although never actually mounted them on my car. This time I am in Electrical/Digital Engineering, Some ideas I have so far:

-Front Mounted Radar Jammer/Detector
-Exhaust Flames (like fast and the furious )
-Convertable Proximity Alarm (for when the top is down or targa off)
-Auto Entry (remote identification that automatically unlocks your doors when you come close...like on the Porsche Cayenne)

ANY MORE IDEAS?? UNIQUE PROJECTS YOU NEVER GOT AROUND TO DOING?? ANYTHING PEOPLE!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just a thought on the Front mouted Radar Jammer/Detector. I knew someone who once took a Neon License plate, and removed the neons and placed little LED's in the place of the Neons, and when he shot it would a Radar gun, then Radar just dispursed over the LED's and gave them an Error of some sort on the actual Gun. just an Idea. as far as the Exhaust flames, you could do something like the old school Ledsleds did, and put a spark plug or something that will give off some kind of spark, and make sure there are enuf exhaust fumes in the exhaust and then run a wire to make that spark plug ignite which will create a flame. You may have seen this on TT supras and other high power machines ( No downgrading the MKIII or anything else) but if the A/F mixture is i believe rich, if you rev it up, the exhaust will back fire creating a flame. I may be just babbling, so it's just an idea. lol Have fun for this project man, and the best of luck to you.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
a digital dash for mkiii...

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
roof mounted machine gun turrets to give the tank some artillery

·
Registered
217 Posts
already ready go... know where my .02 cents?? they do have a alarm that already does that it just has sensor mounted where the window seals are so if u just reach in the alarm will go off.. its pretty cool some fat kid had it on a mitshubishi mirage..

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Auto-Recognition auto alarm with voice recognition control of the alarm system and interior systems.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
blackout_89t said:
roof mounted machine gun turrets to give the tank some artillery

:lol:

I made a bracket for a slide-away license plate. cut a hole in the side of the rear bumper big enough for the plate and holder and have it on a toggle switch with two pulls like power door locks and have it pull the license plate away when u flip it

Never put it on a car thou..so no idea if it works.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Supra Junky 101 said:
:lol:

I made a bracket for a slide-away license plate. cut a hole in the side of the rear bumper big enough for the plate and holder and have it on a toggle switch with two pulls like power door locks and have it pull the license plate away when u flip it

Never put it on a car thou..so no idea if it works.

:lol: like in the transporter...have like four of them on a rotating axis that switch with the touch of a button so you can go rob banks and use the money to make the above noted 8 second mk3

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
make electrified security door handles. when the car is armed have it zap whoever is trying to steal your car with a nice high voltage shock. and then sell one to me.

adam

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
dephtone said:
and put a spark plug or something that will give off some kind of spark, and make sure there are enuf exhaust fumes in the exhaust and then run a wire to make that spark plug ignite which will create a flame. You may have seen this on TT supras and other high power machines ( No downgrading the MKIII or anything else) but if the A/F mixture is i believe rich, if you rev it up, the exhaust will back fire creating a flame. I may be just babbling, so it's just an idea. lol Have fun for this project man, and the best of luck to you.
A tip if you want to do this: introducing a little propane into the exhaust stream makes the effect work much better.

Just dont blow yourself up:D

G

·
0 Posts
You could make holigraphic snake that roams around your car, and if you get near it it starts hissing at you.. like in the older viper alarm commercials.. that or get your mkiii to run on dilithium crystals and head into warp speed!! lol

P

·
0 Posts
Auto-entry would be kinda hard. You're going to have to have some sort of transponer setup that will "ping" anything moving around it, if the object responds back, with the right answer, it unlocks.

The easiest way to get start on this would be to get a proximity sensor (most alarms can have one, check out DEI's website as they have a good one for their viper line) and use it to trigger whatever transponder setup your using.

you may look at the swipe cards some companies use to get into their buildings (I think Sensordine or HID makes them). Only problem is they have to be used within, like, an inch of the scan pad.

But if you could find one, and see how it works, you may be able to make something similar with more power.

Try some google searchs and you end up with pages like this one which explain how the cards work.

Lastly, you could look into some BlueTooth hardware but it's not to cheap yet. There may be a way to use a Bluetooth enabled celphone/handsfree kit to do it, not sure how though.

Good luck!

P

·
0 Posts
Oh, if you want to do something more interesting with the flames, find a way to add magnesium to the flames. Done right it will add a nice green tint to the flames. Be careful though, when it starts burning it doesn't like to stop. Your best bet might be to find a way to drop it, in dust form, right as you ignite the flames. Will give it a mixed red/orange/green look.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
The front mounted radar/laser already exists. I've got the Whistler model 3330 or 3300 in my car and it has a box for radar in the front bumper and I have the optional box in the rear of the car as well. The laser detection mounts to the windshield so it can see both laser out the front and rear of the car and then the control unit I have mounted on the steering column.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
The auto-unlock already exists too. I have a CompuStar alarm, whenever I get within 50 feet of the car, it disarms and unlocks by itself. If you get the auto-start option, you can set it to start the car!

Radar jammers are interesting, but outlawed in most places. Laser jammers are another story - but still, they've been done.

Mount a PC in your car? Hmm.. been done as well, but not that many times. Do a good job connecting it to your stereo, standalone engine management, GPS mapping system... yum. Connected a cellular modem, if someone steals your car, you could dial into the computer, ask it to query the GPS for a location, then wait for the car to stop, kill the motor, send it's location and status to the police... and if you were feeling mean, lock the doors and windows and play They Might be Giants through the stereo at full volume. And record video of the hapless theives to give to the police later as evidence.

Heads up display? Connected to various inputs it would be cool as hell... dash gauges, aftermarket sensors (like A/F ratio, exhaust temp, boost, etc) - how about night vision like that Caddy & the new H2?

Little things, but... Digital Compass, exterior temperature, and auto dimming mirror. My wife has them in her Explorer, you have no idea how cool they are until you have to drive without them after having them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
yea.. heads up display (HUD) would be pretty cool then you leave the exsiting gauges. I know some pontiacs have that and for sure a 92 Bonneville had the option for HUD my friend and I actually took one from a 92 and but it in a 89 bonneville. But we took the whole unit so it was just a matter of taping into the right wires espically since the speedo was digital with the same signal timing.

And finally .. lol along with the TV/movie themes a voice like KITT that talks to ya and tells you Michael that was a Honduh you just flew by :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts