Supra Forums banner

Should we do the next meet in the bay or in sac?

• sac

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • bay

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • shut up, and go drive around with blown twins

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Poke mo squid, make mo betta

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I want to get a meet together for september just before vegas. My idea was to do a total HP mk3 vs MK4 dyno meet. Meaning if 13 mk3s show and make a total of X hp, and 16 mk4s show up and make a total of <X HP then mk4 people get bragging rights. Just for fun obviously. Even if a 2j mk3 would be in the mk3 category. What do you think of this idea, totally for fun and just to make more people want to come out and dyno.

Next question is location, either Racetune, or 1320. Racetune is better for bay guys, and 1320 is better for sac area people. Whats the spot folks.

Whats a good date so i can get a poll for that later. I wanted to do it before vegas to get the group together and see who all is going and get a caravan ect set up. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
If you want at least 10 MKIV's to show up, then make it in the bay. Most guys in the bay won't drive all the way to Sac for simply a Dyno meet. A lot of them are really lazy(Me). And if you can at all if 20+ cars are willing to go, push for no dynapack! Otherwise, sounds fun.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
VINZE said:
If you want at least 10 MKIV's to show up, then make it in the bay. Most guys in the bay won't drive all the way to Sac for simply a Dyno meet. A lot of them are really lazy(Me). And if you can at all if 20+ cars are willing to go, push for no dynapack! Otherwise, sounds fun.
Yeah , dynapack will take up too much time. Thats what Racetune uses.
If you want high HP numbers, then a dynojet would be it as Mustang dynos will give lower numbers.

If Mustang Dyno is not an issue , then FFTEC is also an option .

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
supra_onna95 said:
i would go, but not to dyno since my car is completely stock~
I bet you would dyno of the mk4s needed 200 rwhp to win it! Thats the fun. Let me know whats a good date as well.

~scott

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
I bet you would dyno of the mk4s needed 200 rwhp to win it! Thats the fun. Let me know whats a good date as well.

~scott
If the MKIV's needed 200 more to win? Haha, you should try stand up comedy. You're good at it.

-Vince

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
This is a great idea. I want to see how slow my car really is.

I voted for bay. Because I ran into more cops coming from Sac than all of the Bay area meets i've went to commbined.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
The last thing I want to do is blow my engine just before the vegas run.

·
Akai Suisei - &#36196;&#12356;&#24407;&#26143;
10,376 Posts
I forsee a one sided slaughter.

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
Damn Scott is on thisa already, damn I'm smahsed.

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,829 Posts
true but dynopacks take way to long, and i heard they are not that accurate for numbers but thats just my .2

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chriso said:
The last thing I want to do is blow my engine just before the vegas run.
Personally Id rather blow my engine in Nor Cal where i can get towed home by AAA for free then all the way in vegas. This is also a good opportunity to get a good tune and base line for vegas.

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OneJoeZee said:
I forsee a one sided slaughter.

The 2 meets ive been to this summer the mk4s would get decimated. Im yet to see a single on any mk4 thats not a NA-T this year in nor cal. Ti shows up with a mk3 1.5jz that only runs on race gas, sports an IHI single and high compression, and ziggy is a regular that makes almost 500 rwhp. So yea its gonna be pretty one sided, wanna come hold it down for the home team, joe? :bigthumb:

~scott

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
That sounds fun, I plan to release the mk3 for Vegas, but a premeet would be fun :) the new set up is getting on the way nicely :) i'm down to punk some stock mk4s, but the BPU mk4s scare me (LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAH) aight peace :chicken:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts