Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the sequential system still work when i use this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories ??

Im planing to make a 2jz swapp in my mk3, but with a custom sequential twinturbosystem like to one from soundpeformance. i wanna use a pair of gt-k350 turbos in sequential mode, to get a fast spool in low rpm`s and some topend (around 600-700hp) each turbo is got a t3 turbine and is rated from 300-400hp.

Any help?

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
Why would you post an ebay link for something ...AEM v2... that the vendors who sponsor this site sell for a lot less than the price in your link?

I would say of course you can use AEM v2 to control a sequential system.

The bigger challenges are the other mechanical components like properly sized plumbing to allow the 1st turbo to pre-spool the 2nd turbo but then not be too much of a restriction and then making the various stages all smoothly interact.

It's been tried in the past and then abandoned. Why? I think because it's not worth all the trouble.

For example, I think my parallel "small twins" are extremely responsive and I have a 5000 rpm wide power band (3500 to 8500) and make 600whp+ across more than 4000 rpm of that band, power is flat right to redline and beyond, all at just over 1.5 bar on premium pump (our 93 octane) with meth/water spray.

But if you want to do it just because you can and want to, that's about the only reason I see.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, i dont saw this about the prices, i was just searching for somthing other and saw the item.....
Yeah i know what you mean about plumping-size. Yeah i know its alot of work, and you can get a drivable setup with a big single to. But how you sad, for me its the challenge to built somthing special. In the end its just more weight.
But i love the sequential operate from the stock sequential setup from the mk4 tt. But i would love it with more hp, and the gt28 upgrade is just to easy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, i was thinking the controling is a bigger thing than the hardware. Becauae the stock ecu-controlling from the tt mk4 is pretty complex. There are a lot of diffrent signals in evry operating-stage (rpm, intak-temp., boost, etc, etc.)
I was thinking the easiest way would be use the stock mk4-tt ecu, and use a piggypack like the greaddy-ultimate to tune fuel and ignition for the bigger turbos...

·
Registered
865 Posts
I was interested in that too (AEM EMS2 and Hybrid GT28R sequential setup) but as I'm reading more and more and waiting ont he last EBV tube, porting and manifold, I'm now looking for the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate alternative over the EMS2, will keep the sequential control of the stock ecu, my ecu is already programmed for no fuel cut, speed cut and higher rev, and the Emanage Ultimate will do the job for the remaining tuning. Only thing is will need to tune the water/meth kit separately of the Emanage and hey it cosst 1/3 of the EMS2 !

We don't need the EMS2 when we keep the sequential setup or hybrid GT28R setup, it's like installing a 5000watts rms Harman Kardon 7.1 setup in an apartment, it can be done, but it's overkill you will always listen to it at 2 out of 50 volume settings and will be too much hastle to setup it just to listen to tv !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts