1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Are you serious.? :tongue:

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
The supra TT is a sequential turbo engine, with two ct26's. Initially, only one is on for responce, then the second clicks on, sharing the exhaust, to get some real power.

Most people switch to a true twin turbo setup when getting larger turbos.

You can't have different sized turbos. Thermodynamic laws won't allow equal exhaust gases to go to each turbo, so that idea, which has been discussed, isn't possible.

--Justin

·
N/A Power
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Supra SONIC said:
The supra TT is a sequential turbo engine, with two ct26's. Initially, only one is on for responce, then the second clicks on, sharing the exhaust, to get some real power.

You can't have different sized turbos. Thermodynamic laws won't allow equal exhaust gases to go to each turbo, so that idea, which has been discussed, isn't possible.

--Justin
I guess I didn't explain my idea very well :D
I heard it has been done on the rx7, with some custom exaust mani, and valves, but it could be a myth. That's why i'm asking.

Searched and never found any info:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Supra SONIC said:

--Justin
Sorry dude, MKIV's come stock w/ CT20B's, not CT26's. MKIII's come stock w/ 1 CT26.

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
No, mkIV's come with two ct12b turbos.

And no, you can't use turbos of differing sizes in a sequential manner.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Simba said:
And no, you can't use turbos of differing sizes in a sequential manner.
Why is that?

I’m a noob at cars so don’t flame me or anything.

·
en hopup veritas
165 Posts
this is comedy..no offense to anyone here..according to the Toyota New Car Feature book for the Gen 4 Supra they call the #1 a CT12a and the second a CT12b.

Matt

·
Registered
182 Posts
Owned

·
That bearded guy
549 Posts
greensupra_87 said:
I guess I didn't explain my idea very well :D
I heard it has been done on the rx7, with some custom exaust mani, and valves, but it could be a myth. That's why i'm asking.

Searched and never found any info:dunno:
Aren't the latest gen J-spec RX-7 already senquential from factory?

·
0 Posts
ive heard somewhere that sequential is possible, both turbos spool up at the same time but the smaller one, is sped up quicker, making say x boost at Q rpms, but then its wastegate actuates and then the second turbo is still spooling up and keeps going up till it hits its wastegate. ya see?

i just read that somewhere.

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
ReI86 said:
Why is that?
Because the larger turbo will out-flow the smaller one at the same pressure and stall it.

There's also a matter of differing backpressure created by each turbo, which is also on the list of Things That Are Not Good™.

·
N/A Power
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
91 chevy s-dime said:
ive heard somewhere that sequential is possible, both turbos spool up at the same time but the smaller one, is sped up quicker, making say x boost at Q rpms, but then its wastegate actuates and then the second turbo is still spooling up and keeps going up till it hits its wastegate. ya see?

i just read that somewhere.
Thats what i'm talking about!^^^

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
Simba said:
Because the larger turbo will out-flow the smaller one at the same pressure and stall it.

There's also a matter of differing backpressure created by each turbo, which is also on the list of Things That Are Not Good™.
and thats what everyone else is talking about

I

·
0 Posts
i think they do have a mk3 with twin Turbochargers but they only have it in japan i think (GA-70)...

oh ya the Thermodynamic laws state that

1. Energy cannot be created nor distroyed
2. Energy is always lost, in the form of heat usually

so super sonic i have no idea wat ur talking about lol

1 - 20 of 330 Posts