Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the TTC lastnight to troubleshoot a sequential problem and found that the powerband was way more enjoyable than the sequential. I decided to leave the car in TTC mode and was wondering what are the drawbacks if any besides the lag? Also I was curious as to how many of you guys prefer TTC over sequential?

·
So bin ich eben
59 Posts
My '93 was TTC and the car was a blast to drive. Yeah it lagged a bit and I'd get caught out occationally but TTC is definately the more fun setup. My '97 is sequential and not nearly as fun because you don't get that hard kick when both turbos spool together. That being said I'm going to leave this car sequential, even when I go to BPU levels, because I prefer the more predictable powercurve and the quickness off the line.

·
Banned
763 Posts
The power delivery is MUCH more tractable in TTC than in sequential. Leave it that way.

(although it sounds like you already love it)

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
There is no downside to TTC if you like how it feels.

I am a die hard sequential fan ...street or roadcourse, it's way better for me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
TTC is fun, no doubt, but if you live in a place with a lot of stop lights it sucks. I have ETTC which is great because it allows me to have best of two worlds. If you still want to fix your sequentials you should contact STu...he's the man on that system.

·
Old School
4,091 Posts
A properly operating sequential system is way more fun to drive than TTC. I loved the low end torque of my stock twins.

TTC - All the lag of a big single, none of the top end.

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Upside of the TTC is you save more gas driving normally. And (you prolly have noticed this already) the car sounds more beefy.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I am still on the stock dp and I seem to even like ttc better.
I like driving it that way because when I dont want the boost, I dont get it unlike seq. which comes online alot sooner when it isnt wanted and it almost feels like it shifts better when you shift at like 3k when there is no boost being made than in seq.
Im sure its going to get even better once I am bpu.
Do you guys think the 5 min ttc mod. when you dont wire the actuators is alright to run on for a while or not??

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
I always thought that the seq power band felt weird.
TTC seemed much better

·
Registered
872 Posts
A properly operating sequential system is way more fun to drive than TTC. I loved the low end torque of my stock twins.

so ture!
I 'd try thr TTC for few day before my single kit got here. in my case the pt 67 /.68ar spool way faster then the stock twin in TTC(pt 67,I got 2 psi @ 2100 rpm 17~18 @4200rpm ), and I do had good strong stock twin(399 [email protected]~19 psi)
plus in TTC mode the car sound just like a single if not lounder(single turbo sound better because the sound of turbo mixed with it), but don't have the power to back it up

·
Very Senior Member
10,066 Posts
to each their own, but the TTC does not offer any advantage as far as I can see.
Unlike some people seem to think - it does NOT make more power. It just comes on all at one....very late!
The sequential has a wider power band (starting earlier) so was more enjoyable to me. The TTC lag pissed me off.
There is no reason you can't get the same gas mileage with sequential as TTC. Stay out of boost on either and you will get the NA mileage.
The only reason I tried sequential was to troubleshoot, and I hated it. I decided to go single and get more power with less lag.

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
I am still on the stock dp and I seem to even like ttc better.
I like driving it that way because when I dont want the boost, I dont get it unlike seq. which comes online alot sooner when it isnt wanted and it almost feels like it shifts better when you shift at like 3k when there is no boost being made than in seq.
Im sure its going to get even better once I am bpu.
Do you guys think the 5 min ttc mod. when you dont wire the actuators is alright to run on for a while or not??
HOLY run on sentences! Took a while but I think I understand what you are saying.

The 5 min TTC is fine to run on. However, it may throw a code ( I forget which one) that will say the sequential setup of the OEM turbos has malfunctioned. The code comes on for me only when I floor it in 2nd.

Although I like TTc in many ways over the sequential, I do miss being able to blow off on low boost round 2-3 k.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
E-TTC everyday for me...but I always leave in TCC.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts

exactly , although the car sounded nicer :)
If your a manual your probably not gonna notice too much lag. If your auto its gonna sucks.
not true , mt has plenty of lag as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts