Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
i am looking into buying a firends BPU 6 spd and i test drove it the other day and i noticed a little problem that is bothering me alot...
i searched all over and couldnt find an answer...
anyway the problem is when i am at WOT in the lower gears right about 4600 - 4800 rpms when the 2nd turbo is comign online there is a really qucik hesitation or miss or something...it happends like a split second..it kind of feels like its hitting the rev limiter for a split second...and its def not the turboes going becasue they both spool very fast and perfect even after i feel this...this is the only glitch that i am worried about..its hard to explain...my freind told me that the car doesnt have BCC yet...but this didnt seem like boost cut like i felt on a my friends supra..there is no boost guage so idk what it is boosting...the boost controller is also turned off when this happend...also this only happeends in the lower gears and doesnt happen every time that i am at WOT ..it only happends sometimes...please help anyone...i tried to explain as best as possible what this feels like so if u need more info just ask

thanx in advance
ant

G

·
0 Posts
At the transition point you are basically going from a one small to two small turbos. It just saps some power to get that second turbo spooled all the way up.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx

thanx but this doesnt seem like a normal power loss..my friend has a bpu witht he same mods on it...his turboes are perfect and they boost and 2nd turbo comes online alot smoother and he is running higher boost then i am...i know the surge of power that u feel when the # 2 comes online...but this is like a really split second hesitation..it almost feels like you hit the rev limiter for a split second..but then right after the turboes spool fast and perfect..also this doesnt happen everytime i use the 2nd turbo..it is just a random thing....it started happening more when the car got realkly warmed up and we had been dfriving it hard for a while

let me know wut u guys think

thanx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check the routing of the boost controller. If its signal isn't right, it could cause weird things to happen. I've seen two now that had that problem. If you need help with that, PM my boyfriend. His SN is ukyo. He knows what he's talking about more than I do. :)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok

ok thanx..the boost controller is a apexi avc-r....also i hve aproblem witht he boost guage so i am thinking that the person who installed the boost controller and the boost guage was a moron..i was thinkin this was pat of the problem....also my friend who i am buying the car from doesnt know much about supras..he never drove this one..but anyway he told me that the previous owner before him said that he used an actuator or something from an rx-7 to hook up the boost controller..i have no clue whatg he was talkin about..he showed it to me and it was behind the head unit in the dash becasue he had the avc-r mounted under the head unit..does anyne know what this guy was talkin about

thanx
anthony

C

·
0 Posts
You can always do the ETTC mod. Pretty clever mod and it worked like a charm for me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts