Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from australia and im looking for some series 2 glass headlights for my 1995 MKIV J-Spec. Had a look online and found some sites that still sell them. Only problem is i'm looking at around 1700-1800 dollars for the pair due to exchange rates and international shipping. Just wondering if anyone in australia has got them for a cheaper price? My original headlights are far past restoring.

·
From the land down under
4,319 Posts
I have never ever seen glass headlights for a JDM series 2 chassis. They have all been plastic

I know you can get glass headlights for the Series 1 though through a few different sources. Just be careful when buying from overseas as you need to ensure they are RHD specific lenses.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I also never heard of glass series 2 j-spec RHD headlights. I believe all J-Spec headlights are plastic. I do have a set of UK spec (RHD) glass headlights I used for a couple of years when i was in the UK sitting in my garage, if you are interested. Would need to pay shipping from Canada. If interested, make me an offer.

·
SUPRAFICIAL
1,518 Posts
I don't know anyone who sells complete headlights that have the black interior and glass lens. However there is a couple companies that make glass lenses for he series two headlights incase you want to convert them.

The first name that comes to mind is " Spinto " they awhile back made a lens for the head lights and you simply take off your stock plastic one and reinstall the glass one in with the OEM sealant.

·
Hardtop >
1,141 Posts
There are no such thing as oem series 2 glass headlights. Glass headlights were only made for the European market because of their laws. The supra was only sold there from 93-95 so toyota did not have a reason to make the series 2 headlights with glass lens. I would be interested to see the link where you are seeing these for sale.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
hmmmmmmmmm debating if I should pick up some glass headlights...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts