Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as most of you know my auto tranny went out not too long ago, well yesterday i started my car to see how it was doing and it was idling really rough up and down but under a 1,000 rpm. An hour later i TRYED to start it again to see if the rough idling had stopped but now my car won't even start it just does this rapid clicking noise it won't even turn over. Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
julio

G

·
Yesterday my friends car went out (Battery) and we were jump starting the car, but it started to rain, so we pushed it to his house, when he got cables and stuff he tried jumping it again using a battery jumper, his car made a cliking noise and my friend said its his starter that could be the problem because its not getting enough energy to crank...I dont know if that helps you at all, but thats all i know of a clicking noise lol :dunno:

hope everything works out for you!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dumb question probably but where is the starter on that car? That's what i concluded too but wasn't sure. I looked for the starter and couldn't find it. My hoping it's not the turbo side that doesn't look to fun to work lol.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
the starter is on the drivers side by the front of the transmission, put it up on jacks or a lift and you can see it better. "clicking" mean that the selenoid is not engaging the starter gear so either you have a dead battery or the starter is broken. try charging the battery first, that is most likely what it is.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i haven't changed mine in my supra, but it may be near the bottom on the right side. hope that helps

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
sidewayzsupra, your problem may be in your VSS if you were having a probelm idling and now it wont start. dont know what to tell you as far as how to fix it but i guess you could trace the wire all the way to the ecu and check the current.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts