Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I miss my 98 Jade Supra that I sold with only 15,000 miles on it, and I'm currently in the market for a nice, pretty low mileage single turbo MKIV (would prefer a 97, but earlier years are ok). No black cars, please (too tough to keep clean!) No crazy bodykits... prefer pretty stock, with maybe an RMM wing and nice wheels.

I'm a cash buyer who's willing to spend up to $42k for the right Supra...could possibly go a bit higher, but I'd really have to love the car and it would need to be clean and have really low miles.

Thanks,
Ben Gratt.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
If you don't mind a JDM you could have mine for US$25,000 :)
The miles maybe not be to your liking about 50K

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I have one i might be willing to let go IF the money is right, an immaculate condition Red 94 TT HARDTOP with 30k original miles, 6 speed. It is still stock twins....BUT, has never been BPU, no boost controller, no electronics, no nothing! All it has is an HKS intake, and a Tanabe exhaust. Thats IT! Never been lowered as well, the undercarriage is CLEAN. If you're looking for a damn near mint Supra that is only 1 of 9 red hardtops for 1994, with original everything....this IS it! 10/10 interior, looks and feels BRAND NEW! Exterior is a 9.9/10, paint is still super glossy, always garaged. I am the second owner, the car was owned by an elderly man in the Bay Area, CA. Im asking $43k...you have to see it to appreciate. I will GUARANTEE you will NOT find a hardtop Supra of this year, in this condition, with this low mileage.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
707supra said:
Im asking $43k
Don't mean to highjack the thread.
But this shows you the sheer greatness of this car. Over 12 years old and still holding it's sticker price!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to see pics of the car!!!!

Ben I over looked the single turbo part. Good luck with your buy!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
JDM_trdsupra_tt said:
Don't mean to highjack the thread.
But this shows you the sheer greatness of this car. Over 12 years old and still holding it's sticker price!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to see pics of the car!!!!

Ben I over looked the single turbo part. Good luck with your buy!
HAHA, i wish i could say that. BUT, you may have forgotten, the sticker price for all the 93-96 models Were in the low $50k-$52k brand new! The 97-98 models went for low $40k brand new... So it DIDNT hold its sticker price, although close. This car is all about supply and demand, i challenge you to find a car like mine!

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
is there a mileage limit? I know AlexD is considering selling his hardtop quicksilver single turbo 6 speed.. i guess pm him

·
Fineline Performance
787 Posts
707supra said:
HAHA, i wish i could say that. BUT, you may have forgotten, the sticker price for all the 93-96 models Were in the low $50k-$52k brand new! The 97-98 models went for low $40k brand new... So it DIDNT hold its sticker price, although close. This car is all about supply and demand, i challenge you to find a car like mine!
This car is the Shit period...... thats it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
707supra said:
I have one i might be willing to let go IF the money is right, an immaculate condition Red 94 TT HARDTOP with 30k original miles, 6 speed. It is still stock twins....BUT, has never been BPU, no boost controller, no electronics, no nothing! All it has is an HKS intake, and a Tanabe exhaust. Thats IT! Never been lowered as well, the undercarriage is CLEAN. If you're looking for a damn near mint Supra that is only 1 of 9 red hardtops for 1994, with original everything....this IS it! 10/10 interior, looks and feels BRAND NEW! Exterior is a 9.9/10, paint is still super glossy, always garaged. I am the second owner, the car was owned by an elderly man in the Bay Area, CA. Im asking $43k...you have to see it to appreciate. I will GUARANTEE you will NOT find a hardtop Supra of this year, in this condition, with this low mileage.

Your car sounds awesome. I'm just craving 700-800 horsepower!

Chidoks,

Thanks for the info on AlexD..I searched and found his car and it looks badass, but it does have over 120k miles I think, so I'd prefer to find something with less miles.

Ben.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Ben2000GTS said:

Your car sounds awesome. I'm just craving 700-800 horsepower!

Chidoks,

Thanks for the info on AlexD..I searched and found his car and it looks badass, but it does have over 120k miles I think, so I'd prefer to find something with less miles.

Ben.
Then just buy yourself a single turbo kit, do it your way and put it on a PROVEN un-molested hardtop! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
707supra said:
Then just buy yourself a single turbo kit, do it your way and put it on a PROVEN un-molested hardtop! :)
Well, that would be nice...Unfortunately, by the time I buy a big turbo kit, fuel system, and some fancy wheels and tires, I'd be looking at $60k+ which is a bit too rich for my blood. :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Judging from your last post, my car may be a bit beyond what you are searching for, however I'll give you a bit of info regardless. You simply will not find another supra in this condition.........

97 Alpine Silver 6spd /BLK interior 30k original miles
CLEAN History, no wrecks, dings or scratches...All original

I purchased the car bone stock aside from Whiteline swaybars and DoLuck interior cross bar.

Since the purchase, I've built it respectively to be one the cleanest and nicest supras built. With nothing but the best parts available, attention to detail is at the core of this Supra.

Mods-

AEM EMS w/ 5bar map sensor
74mm GTS Precision turbo
WOTM manifold
WOTM 4in DP/Midpipe
Boost Logic 4in Catback
Tial polished wastgate
Tial BOV
GReddy 4row intercooler

1000cc injectors
Titan (polished) -8 fuel rail with center return
Steel braided lines -8 fuel feed lines
Ultralite -10 fuel feed line
255 lph Walbro pump x 2

FJO
HKS DLI

Tein Flex Coilover suspension
18in IForged Aeros
w/ BFG KDWs (front) BFG Drag radials (315 rears)

These the major upgrades with a few more not listed.

A move to hawaii forces me to consider selling much against my wishes.

If this appears to be something you are interested in and afford, please feel free to contact me. If not, good luck with your search.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Justin, your car sounds great. I'd like to see some pictures and dyno graphs on pump/race gas if you've got them. Stock bottom end, right? Factory wing as well? What clutch are you using? Factory Stereo...any rollbar?

If you are willing to sell your car in the mid 40's like 97SupraAPU's sapphire blue car on the first page of the classifieds, I would certainly like to take a closer look at it.

Thanks alot,
Ben.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Shane1015 said:
hey you can check mine out....super clean and im askin $32k obo

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361335
Shane, your car looks really good. When was it repainted? I've been trying to stay away from 100k mile cars, but yours is certainly a great value.

I'll keep you mind if your car is still available in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Ben.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Suprasanity said:
He's not. Next contestant.
Suprasanity is correct. 40's just won't even come close. That's what this car sold for in total stock condition. I've since dump a large sum of money into it.

The only reason I still gave info was to allow an option for a PRESTINE, LOW MILE Supra that has already been built and not flogged or even raced at this point.

Good luck on your seach. Clean, low mileage supras are becoming ever so rare and even more expensive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NSANITY said:
Suprasanity is correct. 40's just won't even come close. That's what this car sold for in total stock condition. I've since dump a large sum of money into it.

The only reason I still gave info was to allow an option for a PRESTINE, LOW MILE Supra that has already been built and not flogged or even raced at this point.

Good luck on your seach. Clean, low mileage supras are becoming ever so rare and even more expensive.
I agree your car is very, very, nice. It's just hard for me to justify paying $50k-60k for a car (even one as nice as yours) when there are a couple other cars like the 1997 Sapphire blue 54k mile car with a built motor that's currently priced in the 40's. For my purposes, I feel these cars are a better value for my dollar. Nicer? probably not, but still very nice for $10k less.

Thanks for the info, though. Whoever buys your car will certainly be getting one of the best examples of a late model Supra on this board.

Ben.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've had a few good offers, but I haven't found the perfect 6 speed, single turbo MKIV yet. Keep the PM's coming please!

Thanks,
Ben.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts