Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just upgraded my NA-T with the BL 2.5mm headgasket and now when I go to start the car, I hear the ignitor click, hear the fuel doing its thing, but no spark and NO starter. Mainly my concern is the starter... Any ideas?

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Sounds like mine when my starter died. odds are you could just replace the starter contacts and it would work, but i got a whole new starter

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the starter does have about, oh lets say 200K miles on it!!! I'll give that a try and see what happens. Anyone else?

·
Banned
216 Posts
check your battery. just cause things turn on dosent mean there is enough juice to start the car.

then go from there.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
check your battery. just cause things turn on dosent mean there is enough juice to start the car.

then go from there.

Ditto
btw: how long did the job to do the hg take?
if the car hasn't run in 2 weeks, I'll bet the battery

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
the starter is pretty new.. check your grounds.. if you have no spark, you should tackle that first.. the starter wont affect your spark

·
Registered
146 Posts
did u do something with the distributor? i remember i change my o ring for the distributor and the same thing happen like u describe it. so i reclock the distributor and it work

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, the battery sat on my garage floor for a little over a week. The battery would at least cause the starter to click or something wouldn't it? Also, the dizzy wasn't messed with. It was only removed, then put back in after the HG was done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chidoks, the reason I have no spark is because the starter won't even try and turn the motor over. Doesn't even click or anything. I've got fuel, but the starter won't engage at all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks a lot guys! I'm gonna try and start it in an hour or so, and I'll let you know how that turns out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ITS ALIVE!!!!

The issue ended up being the starter ground...she's up and running. But she isn't boosting at all? I'll figure that part out later this week. Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts