Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my cam gears set at +1/-3 for my BPU +++ setup.

I am going single and was wondering what advance/retard, if any, I should go with. If it matters I'll be using a 67gtq 0.68 turbo.

Oh, this is on stock cams.

TIA

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
yep they only cosmetic now
what a shame huh hehehehe
anyone wanna trade some HKS for stockers+cash?????

·
Registered
999 Posts
Why change them to stock? Do the cam gears only benefit on stock twins with BPU(+)???

-3 exhaust and +1 intake is the general rule for BPU, correct?

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
What about SP800 gt with HKS 264 cams with HKS cam gears?
What is the outcome for this?
Please do somebody tell me

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i was under the impression you only re-zero your cam gears/go back to stock cam gears when upgrading your cams, not when going single.... i think you will still see gains with them adjusted regardless of what turbo setup you are running as long as you are on stock cams. once you upgrade cams though, you need to reset them to zero.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Set them to zero for now. Travis, AZMongoose said they don't do anything on his stock cam'd single car. However, I will dyno prove this as soon as spring comes around, unless someone beats me to it.

mav

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Interesting...

Not to get off topic... Ive never had the cam gears off of my car yet, and dont have any aftermarket cam gears yet either... Has anyone weighted the stock cam gears compared to the aftermarket?

This may be total nonsense, but Ive been curious that even though they dont help with cams (and apparently with single turbo setup either), if there is at least some weight savings... esp. since its rotating weight within the engine.. maybe it could at least provide faster revving... :dunno:

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
DAMN...

People are saying 1000 diff storys about cam-gears when upgrading to 264-272...
We wanna se fact, someone must have played with it ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Some people say that they have some kind of special setup to reduce EGT. What's that all about???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts