Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll

i bought an aeromotive 13109 fpr and was wondering how i should set it
my car will be started on a fresh build, never been started... so how would i set the fp?
could i jumper fp + b+ and then set fuel pressure?
also what number should i set it to?

also have the walbro 255lph pump with 550's controlled by fcon

·
Registered
684 Posts
Good question....

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you already did the 12v mod then 40psi is good, but if you havent then 35psi will do. If you have not done the 12v mod and sit it to 40psi your car will miss/sputter below 3.5k rpm.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
in my set up i ran 22 base persure befor but this tiem it hinki goign to crank it up some more since i letting in more un meater air

but 30 is good place to start then go form there u must have wide band it will telly ou every thign you ned to knwo

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
KrippleTwin said:
If you already did the 12v mod then 40psi is good, but if you havent then 35psi will do. If you have not done the 12v mod and sit it to 40psi your car will miss/sputter below 3.5k rpm.

agreed :ugh2:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
KrippleTwin said:

Can someone explain the reasoning behind this? im running 38psi on stock fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
twinturbozs said:
Can someone explain the reasoning behind this? im running 38psi on stock fuel pump.
From what I understand, there's a resistor that pulls voltage to your FP at idle then increases to 12V as you rev. The 12V mod bypases this resistor, giving you 12V all the time.
I have not done the mod myself and I'm only running 30psi base fuel pressure.
I don't experience the forementioned sputtering at any rpm.
The specified range for base fuel pressure is 33-40psi. This is with no vacuum.
With vacuum it's 23-30.
To set your fuel pressure, start on the high side as richer is safer, then back down if needed. A wideband is essential, even for rough tuning. You don't want to make any mistakes, especially on a new rebuild.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well this is only for idle, first start up... so rich = bad lol
i'm figuring i'll set it to 30psi and leave the pump on 6v and once i have everything ironed out then i'll 12v the pump & set fp

i have a zeitronix wideband so that will help :D

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
fuck do the 12 volt mod and ajust fule after words

you have a wide band that is all you need to read add fule if you are leaing out

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
suprra_girl said:
well this is only for idle, first start up... so rich = bad lol
i'm figuring i'll set it to 30psi and leave the pump on 6v and once i have everything ironed out then i'll 12v the pump & set fp

i have a zeitronix wideband so that will help :D
Careful. You can lean out at idle too. Set it for the low base recomendation and work from there.
That's a good WB. I have that too. Good luck and keep us informed.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alrites... so 35psi and fcon all zero'd out and we'll see what the wb puts out

thanks for all the answers, appreciate it as always ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts