Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search function is down, but I just want to double check.

Turbonetics external wastegate. I need one pressure hose T-off from the MBC line coming from the compressor housing on the turbo.That hose goes to the top of the WG.

The second one comes from the "output" of the MBC and it connects to the side of the WG?

Just making sure, thanks.

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
Tee off the compressor then one line to the side port of the WG, the other to the MBC and the output of the MBC to the top port of the WG

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
I've got a Turbonetics Racegate on my car. The line on the side is the main line. If you connect from the compressor outlet to the one on the side, boost will be regulated to the spring pressure.

Any pressure reaching the top fitting will cause the boost to rise. If you have a ball/spring type of MBC, you need to instal the MBC between the compressor and the WG side fitting. Leave the top fitting open.

If your MBC is a pressure regulator type, you will want to T off the compressor. Run one line to the WG side fitting, and the other to your MBC inlet. The MBC outlet line would go to the top of the WG. For each PSI of pressure coming out of your MBC, the boost pressure will rise ~1 psi.

Let me know if you have any questions-

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cord4530 said:
I've got a Turbonetics Racegate on my car. The line on the side is the main line. If you connect from the compressor outlet to the one on the side, boost will be regulated to the spring pressure.

Any pressure reaching the top fitting will cause the boost to rise. If you have a ball/spring type of MBC, you need to install the MBC between the compressor and the WG side fitting. Leave the top fitting open.

If your MBC is a pressure regulator type, you will want to T off the compressor. Run one line to the WG side fitting, and the other to your MBC inlet. The MBC outlet line would go to the top of the WG. For each PSI of pressure coming out of your MBC, the boost pressure will rise ~1 psi.

Let me know if you have any questions-
I am testing out this ball/spring type, thats why I was wondering. NOTHING seemed to work before, since I was using a EBC Before. But now I know the difference. I'll go test it out later on today, appreciate it man.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
No problem. Give that one a try and let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went ahead and took off the hose on the top of the WG and I capped that hose so just incase I do go back to an EBC.

I put the output hose from the MBC to the side of the WG, and man, I LOVE IT!!!!

MY EBC at higher rpm's would lower my boost to around 15 psi, when it was at 21 psi at 4000 rpms.

I think the MBC is a Dijon Tool(?) made one, and it works pretty well. I cleaned it out, and sprayed some WD-40 in it before to make sure it was working properly and everything.

NOW I hit full boost at 3,800 rpm's(T-58 turbo), which is around 21 psi, and I hold it to redline!! BEST mod so far haha.

I might invest in a Hallman Pro just so I can put it in the cigarette lighter area since I don't smoke.

+++++20!!! Thanks fellas and cord4530.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Awesome! Glad to hear that worked out well for you. A number of people on the forums have the cigarette mounted adjustment. I believe that is more the "regulator" style boost controller, so it would be hooked up to the top port like your EBC was. Either way...it's all good if you're getting 21 psi all the way to redline.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So what set up with my wg should i use? I have an EBC. Profec B old skool. right now my side port is the only thing hooked up. But when i hook up my ebc should i just route my ebc into that line? Or use the top port of the wg some how? Should I even use a ebc or should i just tighten down my wg spring?

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
IIRC you're single turbo now? (T78?)
With that assumption, you can run it either way. However, if you have a port on the top of your WG (you should since you've got a Turbonetics) I believe the Profec B recommends that you use that port. Check out this link for the manual on the Profec B:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/greddy_profec_b/index.html

Running a single with external WG, take a look at figure #10. Let me know if you have any questions on this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts