Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im in the process of building a NA-T and putting it in old pre-smog toyota truck. ( HAHA california cant touch me now :rockon:)

I have a bunch of questions about a very streetable 700 or so HP setup.
Im a mechanic with access to a machine shop so getting head work done is easy, as well as any block mods or installation

Right now i have:

the stock NA
TT headgasget
ARP studs
GT4088R with the .85 turbine

Im going to have:
Custom sheetmetal intake with q45 or 1uz throttle
850cc injectors with new fuel rail, regulator lines, blah blah blah and 2 bosh 044 fuel pumps
R154 with the Marlin Crawler upgrages
ford 9" ( its a truck! solid axle FTW )
AEM EMS V2

anyways Im worried that the .85 turbine will be holding me back. Im not trying to take the truck 150mph or anything, i just want a terror of a truck that goes max 110ish...

i could use some reccomendations of affordable headers that will compliment my hopefull setup and any other recommendations you guys could have. I also could use some recommendations for my wastegates ( sizes and brands ) as well as BOV ( size and brand )

thanks again, sorry im a noob with too many questions, ive used the search button but cant seem to find the info im looking for

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I remember Ken got good results with his GT4088R setup on a cast manifold.

Read this: http://www. in here insert supra 411 dot com /forums/showthread.php?t=785&page=3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the link, ya looks like he got great numbers! he was running a meth system though which im not going to mess with since i dont know much about that.

I think im going to have to do more with the motor then to get to my hp goals. maybe some cams and head work in the mix, or do this build in multiple steps which i was trying to avoid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts