Supra Forums banner

SF Valley - Where to take my 1993 TT Supra for repair

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  CinePhile 
#1 ·
My 1993 TT Supra has sat for 4 years and I can't get it started. I've tried all the basic stuff / new batt / new fuel / etc, but I am not mechanically inclined.

Can someone please recommend an independent repair / performance shop near Zip 91325, or anywhere in a reasonable distance to Cal State Northridge.

TAKE MY MONEY!

My Supra is BONE STOCK.

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the group. I'm over in Cerritos and I've been with my independent mechanic for about 15 years now. He owns a straight up honest garage in Artesia and has worked on my Supra for some things over the years.

Also he has done the timing belt changes (and pretty much everything else) for my 2002 4Runner since it was new (283K now, belt changed twice so far).

If you don't find something closer, ping me.

#9 ·
brother!

There is also Concept Z in Chatsworth (since you are in SF Valley) if they are still operating, they may be able to help you, otherwise, Patrick !
Thanks dude

Patrick you do remote tune? infinity 6 ?
Yes I work with a tuner who can remote tune AEM, ProEFI, and MoTeC. Let me know if you need anything.

#12 ·
Welcome fellow non mechanically inclined Supra breathern. I know that feeling myself of having my Supra sit.

I third recommend @Patrick94TT, he is the only person I would trust now days if not forever for anything Supra wise and IMHO is the only person these days in so Cal we can trust for experienced and honest work especially for high performance work. For regular maintenance, I take my Supra to Lexmaster tech in Pasadena. Only issue I would have with him is that he is not open on the weekends. However he does an amazing job. He helped ressurect my MKIV after it needed some major reworking , if you want to see the list here you go:

for alignment and tire work I go with Mike at. Lex Master tech or Western Tire in Burbank.

Reactions: 2jzgte77
#15 ·
Really depends on what needs to be done. I have tons of MKIV lined up and it’s the platform I know so I’ll be doing mostly those but I’m sure I’ll get a MKIII or two trickling in.

Reactions: Dumeinao
#18 ·
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

#26 ·
This thread is very helpful, guys! Thank you! I'll be keeping Patrick's and LEX Mastertech's contact info handy.

For very basic service of my SC like brakes, alignment and oil changes I have had very good experience with Tyerman's Automotive and Suspension in Burbank, CA. A lot of their clientele bring in classic cars and they always treated me and my car well.

That said, for anything more serious than that I'd want a shop that really knows the engine system well. I've carefully searched for a good and trusted mechanic in or around L.A. for a long time and went through a few bad apples in the past. At this point I would NOT take my car to just anyone and would sooner repair it myself in most cases just be sure the work gets done right.

Which is why I'm very glad to have found this thread and these recommendations! It helps to know the RIGHT people you can take it to when you cannot do everything yourself.

Aside... for those who are mechanically inclined and who need access to shop space with a lift near the L.A./Valley area I highly recommend Your Dream Garage (urdreamgarage) in Baldwin Park, CA. Excellent facility, shop lift spots available by reservation from their website or calling in, full sets of tools available (or bring your own), hourly rates that are workable (especially if you need a shop lift to do something).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.