Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so I did a search on shaft play, and all I found was people stating that they didnt have shaft play in their ct26

so I took the acordian pipe off my turbo to check for shaft play, spun it arround a little and then asked myself, "so how do I know if I have shaft play"

so how do I know guys? how much is too much
it doesnt really go in or out, I dont think the sides scrape, but it kind of feels like a loose tooth thats not ready to be pulled out

·
Registered
287 Posts
burntrocker said:
okay so I did a search on shaft play, and all I found was people stating that they didnt have shaft play in their ct26

so I took the acordian pipe off my turbo to check for shaft play, spun it arround a little and then asked myself, "so how do I know if I have shaft play"

so how do I know guys? how much is too much
it doesnt really go in or out, I dont think the sides scrape, but it kind of feels like a loose tooth thats not ready to be pulled out
Move it left to right, up and down, and in and out. U should have none or very little play. The TSRM tells how much play is tolerable. But u can tell by yourself. It should be very little. HTH. R U having pblms with your turbo?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks dude, it actually spins really well i dont think it has too much shaft play

on the other hand now my car wont turn on...
haha my friends coming over today to check it out hopefully its something i overlooked

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i usually go with the turbo untell it starts to touch the sides of the compressor housing. then you have a problem.

~steven

1 - 5 of 5 Posts