Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know anything about the sound from the Pioneer shallow mount subs. I am told that they don't sound so great but have yet to hear one. We all know that the MKIII's don't have a lot of options for installing bigger aftermarket speakers, most of all subs. These shallow mounts are used primarily in trucks, where space is also limited and mounted behind the seats. I was thinking of trying one of these.

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
Where do you plan to install it? I'd suggest doing what many do and give up the spare tire and build a fiberglass enclosure in there with a regular sub or 2. That's what I'm going to build and keep a bottle of tire sealant in the car just in case or I have BCAA insurance also.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was planning on putting it directly over the spare tire. I don't want to lose my tire and I still want to be able to put in my targa top as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was actually very suprised how good they sound. I do a lot of them behind the rear seat in 05 and up F-250's, customers are always very happy.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
chriso said:
Anyone know anything about the sound from the Pioneer shallow mount subs. I am told that they don't sound so great but have yet to hear one. We all know that the MKIII's don't have a lot of options for installing bigger aftermarket speakers, most of all subs. These shallow mounts are used primarily in trucks, where space is also limited and mounted behind the seats. I was thinking of trying one of these.

We use these subs in more than just trucks where i work...and they are phenominal subs. I personally think they sound great. To the kid who likes his "booty bass" out of a bandpass box and thinks a $100 sub sounds just as good as a $800 sub, it probably doesnt sond good to him because it offers a nice, tight musical bass vs sloppy/type bass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts