Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see too many threads like this, but the PacNW Group has always been kind of a "family" to me since I first moved out here 6 or 7 years ago.

For those who aren't familiar, I graduated from Western States down in Portland almost 3-4 years ago now. It was the completion of my doctorate as a Chiropractor. From there I interned in Bend OR for a year and moved to Seattle (Kirkland) in the spring of 2007. I've had to put most of my Supra stuff on the backburner since then which included parting out my 90 to start saving for an office of my own.

After working as an Associate doctor in a few clinics for the past 2+ years I opened my own clinic this past summer, Accident and Injury Care (www.autoaccidentcmt.com). It's been a long road with lots of support through family and friends (thanks Keith Hart and Mark Ross!!) but through steady advertising and a good reputation the practice has grown at an outstanding pace to where I'm already looking at expanding/hiring a second therapist.

What it means to me is that I can finally relax a little and start really enjoying hobbies, travel, etc again which is almost hard to imagine. I've tried to remain semi active, but it seems more often than not, I have been stuck with work or side jobs to stay on target.

Obviously, I don't know everyone that well anymore, but I'm excited to start seeing more people at the meets this summer. Hopefully at some point, we'll fit in a local day or something and have a pool party at my place since most of those (home) projects have been completed as well.

So yeah, I just wanted to share my happiness with the community and that I look forward to the upcoming summer! :D

·
Administrator
17,270 Posts
Congratulations on your well deserved and hard won success! :bigthumb:

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Well done sir. How many years does it take to get a doctorate in your field (including anything after high school that is prep for the doctorate work).

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well done sir. How many years does it take to get a doctorate in your field (including anything after high school that is prep for the doctorate work).
Thanks for the congrats.

I completed 4 years undergraduate and then 4 years professional (in 3 years doing 4 quarters/year instead of 3). So 8 eight years total - which includes the internship. MD's, DO's, DP's, etc have 4+4 and then 2 or so years of residency. I would suggest DC's do something similar to gain more real world experience, but that's not gonna happen..

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Well done! I think I remember when you moved up here -- glad to hear that things are going so well for you. Hard work pays off! :beer:

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
congrats bro very inspiring thread! i've done my 4 years undergrad and now am on my 2 of 3.5 years of law school...gotta keep pushing

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again everyone. It does feel like one of those "hard work pays off scenarios". From day one, I've never agreed much with the people I worked for, but was able to learn from the good and the bad as they came.

I've been spending my weekends finishing up a few things in the garage and have just started to work on the engine for my white Supra. The shelf of parts for it is running out of space which can only mean that time needs to be spent on installation.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
:lol: Why haven't you been fixing my back all along?

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
kev is the only one I let treat me with my back injury (compression fracture of the spine) He takes a treatment approach that isn't like most doctors. He actually wants to see you get better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts