Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! Check out my molded body. I didnt shave the door handles, I just got rid of the trim and molded the body lines out. I also got rid of the trunk key hole and antenna. And stock smoked taillights. I wanted to keep it stock looking but different. I hope you enjoy .If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sports car
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Hood
Automotive exterior Ceiling Bumper Vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

·
Driving: 1991 Supra Turbo
960 Posts
Oh man, it looks a little weird to me. It doesn't bother you that almost your whole front end (fenders, bumper, nose piece, etc) is all one piece now? In any case, it at least appears that you did it correctly. It looks clean.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used fiber glass for the majority of it. On the front of the car where the corner lights are I Welded some sheet metal to fill in that gap and put some metal bracers inside the wheel well to keep the front lip from flexing too much. Also on the trunk I welded the outer license place pieces to the body and then filled everything in with bondo hair. The only bondo i used was bondo hair for everything filler wise. The trim was filled with fiber glass. I was worried about everything flexing too much but it has held up great. And then there was so much "wax on,wax off" with sandpaper I think I was doing it in my sleep

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh man, it looks a little weird to me. It doesn't bother you that almost your whole front end (fenders, bumper, nose piece, etc) is all one piece now? In any case, it at least appears that you did it correctly. It looks clean.
Thanks. It does bother me a little that The nose is one piece, But I think I will have enough room to get in there If I need. Thats the only draw back.

·
Registered
998 Posts
looks slick...literally lol can't wait to see it with paint. I bet then it'll be amazing

·
Registered
467 Posts
looks very nice man. I did the same thing to my sides on my 86.5 and i thought it was pretty sweet.. (i did it wrong though with no metal because by the front bumper the heat was starting to make it peel up)

·
Registered
998 Posts
It's already painted.....

I've never been a fan of the shaved molding look, as the molding gives the car character and breaks up large panels that don't have any well-defined body lines to begin with. Just looks boring without it.
Oh..well i vote differant color..why flat white?? needs some glossyness goin on

·
not a poopra anymore!
1,095 Posts
wholey shit man...why didnt you just mold the hood in too? or better yet, the doors and targa.

speaking of targa...dont you think the car will flex a little (with or without the top on) i foresee cracks in the bottom of the fender....

and bumpers, just because you cant make plastic stick to metal without warping at some point...why do you think it wasnt done like this from the factory, even to this day, unless its all ONE type of material, no-one will ever mold a front end into one piece.

not complaining about the quality of work, im just saying...you kinda boxed yourself in with those mods...which is the funny thing, how many times have we seen this before?!? i recall atleast 5 cars with molded bumpers (stock bumpers mind you)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.