Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been a long road to get this thing mechanically right. I honestly can't believe i finally get to drive my car for the first time tomorrow. I bought this car without any idea as to what I was getting myself into. I found the car on Craigslist for fourteen hundred bucks. I gave the guy a call and he told me about the car. I ended up paying one thousand dollars and two Walking Dead t-shirts (i use to work at the walking dead cafe, in the town they filmed the show). This car has been gone through by a good friend of mine that runs a shop that deals with old supras. I have opted to keep the 7M-GE motor. I got the motor rebuilt, the transmission was redone as well. New suspension a Tein street advance setup. I even did the bushings. Brake caliper rebuild kit. I found out the fuel tank was badly rusted out, sooo....I was lucky enough to find a brand new one. That means the entire fuel system was redone as well. we went with a 255cc fuel pump nothing major. There was plenty more things done just to name a few. Its been 8 long months this car has been in the shop. But she, is finally coming home tomorrow. Now the only thing left to do is the cosmetics. Exterior needs a fresh spray , and i am keeping the original color. I got a set of nice wheels 18x8.5 still gotta find some rubber for those. I still cant believe i will get to drive this car for the first time ever!! How does one buy a car they have never driven? All I can tell you is, this was the car to have in Gran Turismo. i was broke in the game and i am broke in real life lol.. This was and is my dream car. I am so fortunate to have made it this far. Owning a Supra is a way of life. This isnt a your the coolest kid on the block kinda deal. Its hard work , long hours, lots and lots of money. I have only scratched the surface with this car. But I understad I am in it for the long haul. at this stage in the game i realize I have a decent platform to play. I am not trying to build a 10 second 1200HP car, nor am I trying to build a 500 HP car. I just want to build an everyday car , a piece of 80s Toyota History. I am officially proud to be proud to be part of the group.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am totally excited.. I work at a GM dealership, so I am trying to work on my car here and there every chance I get. Mainly doing the little stuff ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts