Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beast is alive. Runs real smooth and idles evenly... We are hooking up exhaust and checking for leaks, then we are taking her out for a drive....

Hurray!!!

Tach is not working, but I will get that. It should be easy.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will. We have it on the road! Finished buttoning up everything. Missed a hose clamo so it threw up radiator fluid all over the place but it is running well...Nice and suprisingly quiet for a 3" exhaust. Doesn't sound ricey at all, more exotic like my Z.

We have some interior work to do. Putting plastics back in place and I have to get the tach working. But it is 99.9% done! My son is taking it to work tomorrow and I am the next day...

Thanks to FlubyuX2, HamsMkIII and SuperTurbo87 for all the help and words!

Marty

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
great job marty! just need to show us some pics now.

about the tach, is it inaccurate or is it completely dead?

the tach in kellys car is dead, but i was able to get rpm signal at the ecu and it shows up on the SAFC... so i dont know what went wrong.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely Dead...Pretty sure I have the wiring right too...I will have to check the signal at the ECU to be sure. I may pop the tach out of the clip and try that. Either way, too close to give up. Funny, in all of the haste to get the thing running, missed about 3 clamps which was good for three different times it spewed radiator fluid! LOL, all good.

The new turbo's are awesome. Spool quick and lots of power...Will be driving it tonight. My son pulled out in it at 11:30pm and didn't show up until 6am this morning. Red eyed from being up all night and still with a ear to ear grin. About all he could say about the motor was "wow, you will never look at a 7MGTE Supra the same way again." This motor is far superior to the 7MGTE.

Marty

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
Marty1MC said:
About all he could say about the motor was "wow, you will never look at a 7MGTE Supra the same way again." This motor is far superior to the 7MGTE.

Marty

AMEN! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts