Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having this problem with my 1998 NA
I got an inspection done and then a day later the car will just not start.

The car will crank fine but will not turn over. (Its not the battery)
EFI 1 and 2 fuses are fine.

This problem started out of no where and she used to start up PERFECTLY.
The car has no smell of gas after A LOT of trying to get her started.
I'm almost positive its a fuel issue. Could a fuel pump just die like this? Or maybe its the fuel filter ? :dunno:

I am out of ideas and my last resort is to get it towed to Toyota :gaysex:

Thank you ahead of time

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Its not going to be something as cheap/easy as your fuel filter Wishfull thinking ;( . Are you getting any fuel pressure to the fuel rail and yes btw a fuel pump can just die out of the blue. Also do you hear fuel pump turn on when you start the car? And last thing i can think try and bypass the fuel pump ecu and bypass and see if that works who knows maybe it the culprit. the fuel pump ecu is the rear left in your trunk under the foam insert and under the plastic molding with the light . hope this help's

·
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I went outside, she wouldn't start, so I got in a pissed off rage and hit the fuel pump control unit with a hammer and she started up fine...somethings are just better off left unexplained.... :lol:

·
Over Medicated
2,723 Posts
Dave Capone said:
Well I went outside, she wouldn't start, so I got in a pissed off rage and hit the fuel pump control unit with a hammer and she started up fine...somethings are just better off left unexplained.... :lol:
Rage 1, Logic 0 :bigthumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts