Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have actually put my Supra's fat ass and my fat ass on a diet so I will at least have a shot at going 9.xx this fall hopefully. I can not do to much but the few things I am doing should help out a tad. I am not going to get crazy but here is my first weight reduction mod so far. I figure if I can get 50-60lbs out of the car and get another 25 to 30 off my donky donk butt that will give almost a 10th. I have always heard a 100lbs is a tenth?

Here is the lightweight battery setup with a kickass little overflow bottle I installed tonight, this has at least saved me 20-25lbs.

Next week all the trac shit is going, along with the tools and the spare tire. I am stilll hunting a rear seat delete kit, If anyone has know of a nice setup please let me know. The last thing I am going to do is buy a full CCW drag pack for the car.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome!

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That should save quite a bit. I know WOTM has the rear seat delete, I think there is another company as well, cant remember the name though. If I find it I'll let you know. I like the look of the smaller battery and that overflow tank.

·
Super Moderator
10,584 Posts

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
how long can that battery hold a charge?

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[email protected] if my memory is correct.

Ken.
Ken is correct !

The battery hold down and the overflow tank are made by tooprecise.com. They are $150.00 each and they are designed to work together. The battery hold down is specifically designed to hold either a hawker genesis or a odyssey pc680 battery.

Thanks to "fencekey" for giving me the idea. His car had this setup in Texas and I though it was kick ass to say the least.

Bob

·
Stock Twin 6 spd King
1,731 Posts
How much did you pay for the battery? I e-mailed them (Odyssey) a few days ago but never heard back from them. I'm trying to shave a few lbs as well to get a 10.99 out of the stock twins without nitrous.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I am suprized Steve Theodore has not chimmed in yet? He was the king of shedding the weight, check out his hardtop registry and he has all the ways to make it lighter..:)

·
Inline for the win
4,750 Posts
I am suprized Steve Theodore has not chimmed in yet? He was the king of shedding the weight, check out his hardtop registry and he has all the ways to make it lighter..:)
Bob,

I concur with this statement above. You might want to look into getting NA rears. I believe they are less in weight and allow you to run a 15" wheel.

DP

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
trying to cut weight is overrated, thats what more POWAAAAAA is for :D
this idea ^ only applies in a straight line. Weight is a huge factor if you are interested in rapid transient response/handling where the car's weight is being shifted back and forth.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
how long can that battery sit and start right up without a trickle charger?

·
Boost Junkie
12,636 Posts
Bob,

There isn't a whole lot left after you remove the items mentioned, but you should be at your goal.

The battery set up should have saved you 20 or so lbs. Removing the spare/jack will be another 30 or so, rear seat is 25, TRAC is 17, and going to the CCW drag set up vs. your current CCWs should save you another 45-50lbs total in unsprung weight. So total weight loss will be around 140lbs total. Once you start trying to save more weight things get expensive.

Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts