Supra Forums banner

She's Really Gone :(

4K views 44 replies 31 participants last post by  dmp316 
#1 ·
I signed her off and watched her roll away. The sight of witnessing your very own blood, sweat, money and tears over the years just go away in that moment is something different. It happens so fast. The feeling of watching your very own car being driven away in front makes you feel ackward and flimsy to your very bones. He turned out and smashed her through the gears so I could hear her prowl one more time and she disappeared into the distant traffic and night lights. And that was it.

I cried a manly tear. Our legacy is done. But it's great to know she is in good hands, and maybe an even better home for the most part. I will miss her. Life goes on. I don't know when, but I'll be back guys. For very good reasons, I feel that I didn't just lose her. But you guys, along with me, lost her as well. Because through all the years of bolts, nuts and screws, you guys were right there to guide and lend a help when I needed it. Thanks for everything guys. You all truly made her who she is. Much love, my Supra brothers.....

-SaiThao

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
My older brother has been in a big slump ever since he got laid off from his last job. Times are tough. The economy is fucked. He just had another kid and is struggling badly. I'm helping him out because he's done a lot for me. Also, I will be going to school to finish and get my degree. Let's be honest. Having a highly modded car, furthermore, being a Supra, is not the most sufficient way of getting through school when your income is still minimal, you have a lot of bills and dependencies.

#7 ·
farewell man! you had a great car forsure...hope your back soon

#9 ·
no joke, i had an awesome 6speed, built diff, turbo miata. i absolutely loved that car. but eventually i went back to a supra. and the only thing i'd get rid of this car for is another supra... or maybe a pickup... but that's just so i can swap in a 2jz =)

sai: usually when you get rid of a car for these reasons karma will reward you with a better one. so, good job for looking out for your brother... do what you got to do, because you know he did the same for you. good way to own up man. good luck with everything!

#11 · (Edited)
Its just a car.........an immaterial item........Metal, rubber and plastic.

What I've learned from the dozens of vehicles I've owned, Don't get attached and your next car is awaiting to be purchased.

Crying over a car is stupid.

Now crying for your new niece/nephew...That is perfectly acceptable.

Quote from an old wise man
"Everything for sale, except for the kids"

#13 ·
good the go sell yours.... sai i feel for you man. i went through college with my supra and i can agree its not the best transport, especially if you insist on modifying it while in school. good luck man and look forward to having you back in the family.

#12 ·
^^Bite your tongue mister. ;-)

Sai... I've followed your car for awhile and used as inspiration to get mine where it's at today. Thanks for all your help and sharing of info! Can't ever imagine myself turning the keys over to anyone, after all of the blood, sweat, tears, POed Ex-GFs, and other sacrifices.

Good luck to you (fist-bump)!

#20 ·
Sai, sorry to hear you sold you car. But.. I have to give you props.. 20 years old and still will do anything for family. I think you will still be around the forums. Thats one thing thats also hard to give up. Once you have had a Supra... and sold a Supra... it only a matter of time before you have another Supra.
<Raises a glass to Sai>

#24 ·
Guys, thanks for all the love, support and sympathy. I appreciate it very much. And only a legit enthusiast to his work of art over time can truly have a degree of endearment when the time comes to it. But one thing I'm happy about, is that I know that she is in really good hands now. The new owner reserves a lot of my respect and he knows what he is doing. At least I know she won't go to waste. She will be on her way to her best potential and I'm confident in that. If I knew she was gonna go to someone who was gonna blow her up within days, I wouldn't have let her go. Absolutely not. I'll still be around guys. No way I'm ever gonna leave this brotherhood. I'm still young and and very raw. I'll be back. ;)

#30 ·
A good thing!

A wise decision sacrificing a material thing for your family and an eduacation.:bigthumb: Your car was nice, but there are alot of nice MkIII's out there for sale. I'm sure you'll have enough sucess later in life to be back in spades someday.
We'll all still be here, when you return!:wavey:

#36 ·
There ya go, Right into another car. Any pics? MT? AT? Regardless you should slap a turbo on it. You'll be back to supras at some point, thats the best part.

Sorry bud, but a real car guy actually gets an attachment to the cars he builds and owns. Your the only member of this forum who would disagree, which has been proven already by each and every post in this thread. Except yours.:dumbass:

And I say again:
I take no offence because once you grow up you'll understand.

#41 ·
whats up sai! i see this is kinda a old post but i figured id hit u up... seams like you had a good following on here! im happy to report that the supra is indeed in good hands and is happy living life in colorado well all but that thin air but thats a different issue! the car has had a bit of attention this year! she got some tein flex coilovers and sway bars f/r new energy bushing on all four corners full 3" stainless turbo back cat delete exhaust, 2jz waterpump conversion, new aluminum radiation with e-fan, new drilled and slotted rotors f/r, new gauges inside, prologger wideband 02 w/boost control with much more to come! ive always been a all go and no show so paint will be next year going single and standalone this summer!! o and the 2wd demon pick up is almost done!! i will send you some pics next week when i get back in town...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.