Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what shift knobs people on the forum are using and if there are certain knobs that will/will not work with aftermarket shortshifters? I currently have the B&M shortshifter but i plan on switching to the C's shifter. Any pics or info would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
Oh, me too.

+1 for MD

·
Registered
49 Posts
i´m using a trd-knob with c´s shortshifter. Works well unless tightened very hard when it interferes with the reverse-lock

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I'm using a Veilside shift knob with C's Short Shifter with no problems. One thing to consider when getting a metal shift knob (like the veilside, MVP, Greddy) is for those who daily drive their supras and live in reallly hot climates, where the car may be parked for some period of time, the shift knobs will get VERY hot. :)

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
^^ yeap, that's why I got rid of mine and went with a stock knob, I was thinking on going with a momo knob but I'm concerned about it interfering with the reverse lock out

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am wondering if anyone has the Arc titanium shift knob on the C's short or the stock shifter. It is the same size as the TRD it looks, 45mm. It is just a straight up ball, so will that work with the reverse lock out?

Also how does it interfere with the reverse lock out? what happens?

·
Registered
49 Posts
the problem is if you tighten it too much it prevents the reverse lock out to slide all the way up.

the stock knobs lower portion is hollow and it's inner diameter is large enough to accomodate the upper portion of the reverse lock when changing to reverse gear.

sorry about the long explanation but didn't know how to tell it shorter...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts