Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While it may sound trivial, I'm no big fan of the stock Supra "baseball" style shift knob.

Searching the forums did not come up with many hits except the MVP Motorsports knob and the Greddy counter-weighted one.

Obviously the Supra's reverse lock system makes choices slim.

A quick google came up with TWM's shift knobs which accomodate the lift style reverse shift lock.

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftknobs/twm-piston-rl-shiftknobs.html

Anybody have experience with these?

· Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Band on the Run
2,612 Posts
I think any other shift knob other then the stock black leather one looks kinda out of place. The ball ones look too round/ the aluminum ones dont match with anything. I had the TRD shift knob as well and even that is too tall for the supra shifter and looks out of place.

· Premium Member
29,523 Posts
The only TWM knob I like is the Big Type R in Flat Black. You will have to make sure the threads are the same as Toyota's. Seems like the reverse-lock model would work okay.

I haven't driven a car with a metal shift knob since high school. I do remember that the Hurst T-handle knob in my GTO got REALLY hot in the summer, though. :run:

· Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm selling a nice MOMO shift knob. It had a nice feel and is countersunk compared to the stock shift knob.
Sorry, I'm looking at cylindrical style shift knobs like the Type R style or STi style.

I have a greddy shift knob.. ill trade for you stock shift knob if it is in good condition
I had a Greddy on my Evo.

Nice shift knob, but I really don't want the same look in my Supra.

Thank you both for your offers.

· Registered
11,198 Posts
The only TWM knob I like is the Big Type R in Flat Black. You will have to make sure the threads are the same as Toyota's. Seems like the reverse-lock model would work okay.

I haven't driven a car with a metal shift knob since high school. I do remember that the Hurst T-handle knob in my GTO got REALLY hot in the summer, though. :run:
yeah, my metal veilside knob in my STI got super hot in the summer too !!!

· IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
2,097 Posts
I think any other shift knob other then the stock black leather one looks kinda out of place. The ball ones look too round/ the aluminum ones dont match with anything. I had the TRD shift knob as well and even that is too tall for the supra shifter and looks out of place.
I have to agree ^^^ Id like to have a Veilside just because its rare but I dont think it looks to good on the sup..thats my 2cents

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.