Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a g-force ECU with a raised rev limiter (7,600 rpm I think) and I run a 70mm turbo. Everything works great. I'm thinking about going with a larger turbo and was looking into getting another g-force ECU with an even higher limiter (say 8,000 to 8,200 rpm range). However, won't the shift points be the same? Will my tranny shift at around 7,200 rpm as it does now, making the raised rev-limiter effectively useless? I would really like to step up to a 74dbb turbo on my 3,800 stall tc. Any thoughts? (I know I should just go AEM, but I'm putting that off as long as possible). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8000 rev limit should make it shift at 7500.

Al
Does the stock computer give a signal to shift 500 rpm sooner that whatever the rev-limit is? If so, what is the best shift point for a 74dbb turbo? Will it be a lame turbo/powerband with my current 7,600 rpm rev-limit?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any other comments guys? Perhaps I need to get the moved to the Dyno section somehow?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Does the stock computer give a signal to shift 500 rpm sooner that whatever the rev-limit is? If so, what is the best shift point for a 74dbb turbo? Will it be a lame turbo/powerband with my current 7,600 rpm rev-limit?
The shift point arent actually in the ECU, but it must send some sort of signal.

Shifting at 7200 like you said, that is a little low for that turbo, and 8000 rev limit would work better.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts