Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 1995 Lexus SC300. The sifter is extremly loose. Yesterday after a 15 minuter i get back to find I get into reverse. Not that it wont slide into gear but that the shifter feels so loose it cant "reacht he gear".

After pushing te car down the driveway and driving I go to shift into fifth and get 3rd. Same deal like 5th. Im tryingt o pull my shifter out (I have all out but I guess im not pulling hard enough on the sifter yet)

Anyone have any ideas?

Josh

·
Registered
252 Posts
did you step on the clutch? and put it into gear. Did you take apart the shifter boot and take a look at the shifter to see if anything is loose? It is a 10 year old car so probably have to change to a new shifter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MkIV13 said:
did you step on the clutch? and put it into gear. Did you take apart the shifter boot and take a look at the shifter to see if anything is loose? It is a 10 year old car so probably have to change to a new shifter.
Im trying to pull the shifter out right now, i see the little plactic joint that holds on the ball on the bottom of the shifter. I just cant get it to come out! Any suggestion?

If anything i'll order a TRD shifter soon (Im glad I have a 95 :-D)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also wheres the best place to the TRD shifter? I need it shipped out ASAP when i buy one. Im just having trouble getting the stock one out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts