Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
Thats not normal at all. Shifting into reverse was always a pain sometimes, but I've never heard of anyone having problems in 2nd. I'm not sure what it could be.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its weird though it is only when it is very cold. I will drive it, and the first time into second it will not go into easy but then after that it will go in smooth everytime. Then if i go into a store or somthing and come out when the car has only sat an hour or 2 it will work fine. Really it only happens the first time driving it each day after it has set over night.

Is it doin it because it is cold or what could be wrong?

thanks guys

S

·
0 Posts
i'm no expert but it sounds like the synchro's in your tranny are fuk'd... just double-clutch to second

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
yes.. mine does that too. Synchros are going. I heard that using Redline MTL or MT-90 will help a little. I have yet to try that yet.

D

·
0 Posts
check your synchros . my brothers nsx had that problem but it was first and reverse. I remember we were stuck in traffic and my supra was getting my brakes done. We were in traffice and shit wouldnt go in gear we had to keep starting the gear in second but evenutally car gave out and had to get towed LOL!!!!. shit aint really funny but its funny now!!!. when it was very cold wouldnt go into gear but as the car warmed up it went fine

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
SupraLB said:
Thats not normal at all. Shifting into reverse was always a pain sometimes, but I've never heard of anyone having problems in 2nd. I'm not sure what it could be.
Why does that happen? Same reasons as why he cant get into second, or what?

S

·
0 Posts
Scott 8 said:
Why does it only happen when cold though?? I thought if your Synchros are going out it would happen all the time?

Thanks
It WILL happen all the time if you don't get it checked out now...

K

·
0 Posts
Mine does the same thing when it's cold in the morning leaving for school. I can always get it into second, but I just have to pause a bit between first and second gear. Only when it's cold does it do that though, never anytime else, everyone tells me that is fine, and everyone else with a manual transmission I've talked with has said theirs does it too. If it's only happening when your car is cold then it's no problem at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the same thing happens with my 5 speed tranny.

Kevin

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey guys if any of you are having trouble with your 5 speed shifting for whatever reason please go to this thread: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161138

and be specific as to what the problem is, what year your car is, how many miles, what type of tranny oil you use. And other conditions such as how you mentioned it was cold. If we keep documenting this stuff we can troubleshoot it and hopefully come up with a solution to the problem. So if you could please post in the pasted thread your problem we could start to troubleshoot and fix these things.

Thanks,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts