Supra Forums banner

shifting problems on automatic supra 2jzgte 330 hp

888 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  808turbox2 
#1 ·
I have some shifting problems on this supra with a 2jzgte and a automatic box attach, as my knowledge is limited on automatic as i have worked most on manual cars, i really need som help, i have taken a video of the problems, there is no error codes stored on the ecu.. i have heard that the a340e have some known solenoid problems, but as there is no error code stored i have a problem to know where to start, is the transmission known to have oil pump problems, and can that cause the problems i have..

thing i have checked..

oil level ok

no error codes stored in ecu

visuel look on all wiring and connectors and seems ok

#2 ·
Hi,
Im having similar problems. My manual light/mode activates indefinitely and im stuck shifting in manual mode. Drive light indicator doesn't illuminate. Pretty much lost auto shifting. Did you ever find what was the problem. Im taking mines to a tranny shop. Lmk if you find anything please.

#4 ·
I have some shifting problems on this supra with a 2jzgte and a automatic box attach, as my knowledge is limited on automatic as i have worked most on manual cars, i really need som help, i have taken a video of the problems, there is no error codes stored on the ecu.. i have heard that the a340e have some known solenoid problems, but as there is no error code stored i have a problem to know where to start, is the transmission known to have oil pump problems, and can that cause the problems i have..

thing i have checked..

oil level ok

no error codes stored in ecu

visuel look on all wiring and connectors and seems ok

Pull the MANU button connector off and clean it. Clean inside the switch contacts too. Test with meter to make sure it’s functioning OK.

Otherwise, get your ECU repaired or buy aftermarket.

#8 ·
The main ECU controls engine, transmission and a few other thing. Only separate ECU’s are TRAC, ABS, Cruise Control

There are several several other modules that enhance like theft deterrent, etc.

So it would be the main ECU in the passenger footwell on the left.

Read the threads about failing capacitors in ECU’s. If it is the problem, and it’s not too far gone, it can be repaired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.