Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally purchased my dream car a 98 tt supra auto and i have seen and heard of people shifting with their auto does anyone have any feedback about what this does to the car in the long run will i hurt it if i do it on a consistent basis, i know that by pressing manual it allows you to shift i just want to know will this hurt my car?:cool:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im pretty sure that it will cause mroe wear and tear on it.... I dont recommend it..

·
Registered
849 Posts
Let the computer shift, it can do it better than any human can. It’s the down shifting that is hard on the auto.

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
sam b. said:
well i finally purchased my dream car a 98 tt supra auto and i have seen and heard of people shifting with their auto does anyone have any feedback about what this does to the car in the long run will i hurt it if i do it on a consistent basis, i know that by pressing manual it allows you to shift i just want to know will this hurt my car?:cool:
If you want to shift your transmission, why didn't you buy a manual?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didn't buy a manual because i heard that you have to replace the clutch a lot, i also thought that with the auto you can make it so that you can shift up with it in manual. I also know that you can shift faster with the auto or it shifts faster i mean. also how can you be mary kate olsen, you must be kidding me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts