Supra Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
If you can get you hands on a repair manual...I remember seeing something on the max spring tension.

I keep hearing people talking about more boost. Again, you might see very small boost increase, maybe 1 psi or so. I actually hit lower boost with the shims. EVERY CAR is different.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Just to clear a few things up on my experience. I added 3 washers on the 2 bolts to the bracket to the wastgate. No touching of the wastegate or anything just 3 washers to try it out. I am running pulled hose , no ebc. I , and you will not hit ANY higher boost as many think. Its not like you add washers and all of a sudden you can hold 25psi. If they are , they are doing something different then washers. I DO NOT hit any higher boost. I still only hit 1.3 bar-1.5 bar on cold nite on a 1/4 mile run. And for the record.....it does not hold it to redline.i still bleed off to about 1.2 bar by redline. Only thing washers may do is hold the 18-20 psi a little longer but it will still bleed off, will not hold to redline etc etc. I hit same boost pattern with and without the washers...Matt Miller ran no faster times....neither did Brian TT. Its tuning and COLD weather and right tires which make the times..not washers. So IMHO it does not do anything......to each their own.but i guarantee it wont gain anything. I hit same boost with pulled hoses no washers as i do with them. On MK3's it supposedly works but not on a MK4. So just giving a few of you heads up in that it wont really do anything at all.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts